Bolt is not connecting with other WiFi network

Hi,

For testing purpose, we have initially connected the BOLT(version 2) with, say XX Wifi. there we tested its all functionality, and it worked fine. Now come to real time scenario, where we have to connect it to our data center’s WiFi, say YYY. The issue we are facing is: its not connecting with other Wifi . I have searched your forum for the similar queries and found that you had suggested to 1. change setting from SD card of BOLT (although, i have not seen any SD card into it), or 2. switch off the previous WiFi and then re-configure in the App - there is not option to delete the device and reconfigure into the app.
one more issue - when we connect it to charging - the blue LED becomes stable, but bolt device hotspot option is not coming into WiFi list of networks, so how can i connect to its hotspot.? Please help.

Regards

Hi,

You can change the wifi ssid and password linked to your device by clicking on the add device button (even if the device is already registered to your account). The only difference in the procedure is at the last step of adding the device to your account. The app will say that the device is already added to your account.

Please note: This has to be done while the wifi previously configured for the bolt is off.

The other difference is while again adding the device, the bolt’s hotspot did not get displayed in wi-fi network list. so how should i add the bolt device with its hotspot.?

hi, please reply the query : The other difference is while again adding the device, the bolt’s hotspot did not get displayed in wi-fi network list. so how should i add the bolt device with its hotspot.?

Open the bolt app in ur mobile and click on add device in it when the device is powered on and make sure older wifi is turned off and follow the procedure as u did while first adding the device…
After the device is activated using fing app to scan for the hotspot of the bolt board…

2 Likes

HI,

For the Bolt’s Wi-Fi hotspot to be displayed the older Wi-Fi should be switched off.