Make sure that you have an account on Bolt Cloud i.e. http://cloud.boltiot.com
For Bolt Hardware Version 2 (White Color Bolt)
- Download Bolt IoT app from Google Playstore or Apple AppStore
- Login to the app using the same account details as created on cloud.boltiot.com
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Bolt Device to your Bolt cloud account.
For Bolt Hardware Version 1 (Green/Blue Color Bolt)
If Blue LED is blinking continuously
- Check if all the bold sd card files are present in Bolt SD card. If any file is missing then download all the bolt SD card from https://github.com/Inventrom/bolt-sdcard-files and copy it to the root folder of SD (Root folder means the first folder that opens when you click on your SD card icon).
- There are two Wi-Fi modes in Bolt:
- Bolt creates its own hotspot network for setup purpose.
- Bolt is connected to a Wi-Fi network for Internet access.
I suggest you connect the Bolt to your home Wi-Fi network or a Mobile phone hotspot. Search for the file with name
bs.txt in the root folder of the SD card. Inside
bs.txt you will find two variables
ssid(Wi-Fi name) and
password(Wi-Fi password). Type the credentials in front of those variables and press enter. Save the file and then Insert the SD card in Bolt and restart. See example below:
If Blue LED is stable
This means the Bolt device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Do the following steps to link your Bolt device to your Bolt Cloud account.
1. Find the IP address of your Bolt device
When you connect your laptop to bolt hotspot then bolt has a static IP 192.168.4.2 but when you connect your Bolt to other Wi-Fi network then bolt has a dynamic IP. In that case, you have to find Bolt IP using Advanced IP Scanner software (www.advanced-ip-scanner.com) or in case Advance IP scanner is not working then you can download Fing APP( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing&hl=en ) on your mobile. (Make sure your bolt and mobile should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. )
2. Update Bolt Firmware
You need to ensure that the Wi-Fi network the Bolt is connected to has Internet access enabled and type the following command in your web browser to update the bolt firmware version.:
3. Register the Bolt Device
After updating the Bolt device the next step is to link the device to your Bolt cloud account. Type the following command in your web browser:
Let me know in case you need further assistance