Unable to connect to BOLT Hotspot for Setup

I have just received the new Bolt and am trying to setup with the iOS app. The app says the blue led should be blinking slowly. It is not. There is quite a complex series of blue led and green led flashes. The SSID Bolt7487223 appears from time to time. If I try to connect with password bolt1234 I get Incorrect Password or Unable to join (the latter I suppose because the SSID has disappeared).

Suspect my board is faulty.

Since I cannot get past this step, I cannot connect to my home network or register the device on the cloud.

Please advise.

Thanks

Pat

This is the chatter that is coming out of the serial port (TX) at 115,200. This is output repeatedly in a loop. Hopefully this enables someone to diagnose what might be going on?

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,7)

wdt reset
load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v04c11db7
~ld

Hi Pat,

The Bolt-IoT customer support team is looking into the matter, and will get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Hi Pat,
In the mean-time you could try using a different power source for the Bolt unit.
Do tell us your experience regarding the same when using a different power source.

Same issue with a wide variety of different power sources, incl 5V and 3.3V.

Thanks

Pat

Any advice please? This device is stuck in a reboot loop still.

Hi @pat.molloy,

I looked through quite a number of forums regarding the same problem on ESP8266.

This problem can have 2 causes.

1. Incorrect Firmware. I am sure this is not the case, as all Bolt units have the same firmware uploaded. IF the others work, then this one should be fine.
  2. Problems with the power supplies. Now I know that you have tried different power sources for the Bolt unit, but have you tried changing the USB cable that you used?

The problem is definitely in the power supply. So it’s either the supply itself, the usb cable or the Voltage regulator on the Board. (The issue at the Voltage regulator seems unlikely as you have tried 3.3v)

Do check with different usb cables, and different power supplies.

If it still does not work, you will definitely be entitled to a replacement.

I am facing the same issue , even though everything is correct …what is password for bolt hotspot???

@chinmaydharwad21The password for the hotspot is bolt1234. If you are using the Android app, you do not have to connect to the hotspot manually.

Dear Sir /Madam a very happy new year.I am just started work with bolt IOT but I am not getting any bolt hotspot in both androids. In my microcontroller, there is no blinking, wifi led is stable .please sort out the problem as soon as possible

Hi @govindaagrilengg
If your wi-fi LED is stable there is no need of Bolt’s hotspot.
Bolt’s hotspot just acts as a medium to save the SSID and password of your home wi-fi network in the Bolt device so that your device can use the internet for its functioning, using your home wi-fi network(It doesn’t provide you with any internet facility). Once your bolt device is connected to your home wi-fi network the blue LED of the device will become stable and the Bolt device will stop transmitting its own hotspot and now the bolt’s hotspot is not required for further process. Now what’s required is your “home wi-fi network” which you have saved for providing internet facility to your Bolt device.

If only the blue LED of your Bolt device is stable and green LED is not ON then it means your bolt device is connected to your home
wi-fi network but not getting internet access. To resolve this problem you can refer to the “Troubleshooting setup process” provided in the training.

Dear sir please what app me on 9365447064 so that I can share some video with you

Dear sir adopter plugging point is a loose connection not connected smoothly and not able unplug the microcontroller from the USB cable .please send massage on 9365447064