$5 was credited when I created my account on DigitalOcean. Will it be refunded?

Creating an account on DigitalOcean was supposed to be a free thing. But $5 was credited from my credit card. Will it get refunded when I cancel my subscription at the end of 30 days?

As of your case , $5 was credited from your credit card.
The most important things you must know that are shown below -
When we buy something from anywhere as online purchase , So it asks us to choose whether for a month or a year.
But what happens when you are using it less than a month for that reason you have bought it for one month subscription and you want to cancel this subscription under your one month’s subscription without using it till the last month. This means you have bought ten bananas and don’t want to eat more than six bananas from the shop, then what can you do with the remaining six bananas , I mean - Would you like to return it to the shop , then you will have to tell why are you returning these bananas.
But you will be frustrated -
Because it will not refund you just because of above case.
Accordingly with concept of banana,
you will have to ask Digital Ocean Company for this case.
Thank you !

The amount which is been credited from your bank account is for verification purpose which should be reversed back to your account by now. Secondly the free trial of your Digital Ocean Server will expire after 30 days irrespective of the total usage and it will charge money from the card you have registered after the trial automatically.

1 Like

@aditianu1998 I would suggest you to get in touch with Digital Ocean support directly.

if we have $45 already in our account then also it will charge money automatically from my feeded debit card??

@suraj47gupta DO will initially charge a small random amount between 1 to 10 USD to verify your payment method. It will be refunded in a few days time.

Once the credits on your DO account are exhausted, then it will start charging your payment method.

Hey, Recently, I added my Visa debit card to DigitalOcean (DO), the amount got deducted but not added to my Wallet of DO and also not refunded back.

Hi @navalkhetejas18,

Creating an account on DigitalOcean requires that you use your Debit Card for creating a server. Although you will not be charged since you shall receive a $50 credit with the link provided below, you are to remember to cancel your subscription when nearing the end of the validity period to avoid being charged. This is a 3rd party service and Bolt IoT is not responsible if you are charged after the validity period in case you forget to cancel your subscription.
DO will initially charge a small random amount between 1 to 10 USD usually $5 to verify your payment method. It will be refunded in a few days time.

Also, Contact DigitalOcean Support
If the transaction appears successful on your bank’s end but hasn’t reflected in your DigitalOcean Wallet, it’s best to reach out to DigitalOcean’s customer support. They will have access to your account information and can investigate the issue further. You can contact DigitalOcean support through their official website or email.