Access denied in putty

I entered the correct password and username but it shows “access denied” even after resetting the password and checked everything multiple times but the same result is displayed over and over again. I would like to request on guiding me on how to resolve the issue without much delay.

Hi @nchumthungkithan63
You should try to your email id as username, that you are used in boltiot account.
Also you can sign in with Google it’s easy way.

still does not work…access is denied every time and every thing i do.Anyway thank you!

The issue might be from digital ocean’s end…I tried solar putty as well but same issue only

Hi @nchumthungkithan63,

Check this thread Can't get digitalocean droplets user id and password in the first place to mail

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

still the same issue…its not getting resolved in any way

Try using ssh from the command prompt in windows. Also make sure the username is correct

Sir, i have tried everything but the access is denied every time no matter even if i enter all the correct credentials. I would like to inquire if there’s any way that we can do it on our smartphones rather than computer?

The problem is mostly with your credentials. Try resetting/creating a new droplet or try contacting Digital ocean support.

sir ,could you make a new video tutorial step by step in creating the droplets and accessing it through putty. It could be very helpful. Thank You!

Hi @nchumthungkithan63,

Did you choose one time password while creating the account ? You need to use one time password.

Destroy your current droplet and and create the new droplet also enable the screen recording with us.

Note down your password on notepad and type it while doing the ssh from putty.

You can use loom https://www.loom.com/ for screen recording.

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

sir, i have followed every instruction that was instructed by the team but i still face the same issue. My issue is not getting resolved. Here is the video link https://www.loom.com/share/7d6fcebfe7d945f4ae9693572292e2e2 i have also made the password visible so that it can be logged in by the forum team ill enclose the details of the droplet name- project1
ip address-143.110.241.222 password- 1project@Boltiot . sir,you could try accessing this droplet and find out what is the issue.

Hi @nchumthungkithan63,

I just tried to log in with your credentials and I am able to login to your server. You are using the wrong username while login into the server.

In the putty use root for login as instead of project1.

Also, change the root password of your server by typing the below command in the server.

sudo passwd root

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

You should try to your email id as username, that you are used in boltiot account.
Also you can sign in with Google it’s easy way. or give forgot password and you will get reset password and you can type your new password.It may help for you.