Bolt device is not working

My wifi module is not working. I have sent an email to support@boltiot.com describing my problem I am facing with my wifi module, but I didn’t received any answer.
Please tell me how to resolve my problem.
I appreciate your help! Thank You

@ankitamitra359, please write a detail explaination of your problem here. Bolt is a very good platform, there might be a littled delay from support, meanwhile you can post the detailed explaination here

Check the power supply, and the charger head, cable…

Hey, the power supplied to the device may not be enough. Try plugging the USB cable to your computer or laptop. You can also try using a different USB cable if that doesn’t work.

Check out the power supply
Try plugging it to PC or laptop

I have tried it in all way but its not working

hey first of all check whether your bolt wifi module is not damaged (may not be broken)…you have to handle it with care. Then make sure you have a proper supply of power. After that try with some different data transfer cables to connect the module until you find the appropriate one. If all of them are in the way they have to be, your device should work properly.

Hii @ankitamitra359
First of all check whether your bolt wifi module is not damaged (may not be broken),you have to handle it with care. Then make sure you have a proper supply of power. After that try with some different data transfer cables to connect the module until you find the appropriate one. If all of them are in the way they have to be, your device should work properly.
Check the charger head and the USB cable properly.
If it is not still not working then write a complain to support@boltiot.com