Bolt Device not connecting to wifi

@kaustubh.jawale15 once you are connected with the mobile application there is no need of mobile here after so I suggest you use a different mobile once and use your own mobile for the hotspot. once you’re done with connecting bolt device there is no need for the mobile phone just the use of that particular phone or you can use jiofi also for connecting it you can use it anywhere at any instance of time.

I did it but my firmware is not updated and it dosent support existing firmware. So I am unable to disconnect. I was trying it since start. @akshaykumar.kumar198

@kaustubh.jawale15 Bolt app from which phone you are operating plizz off your mobile data and turn on wifi of same phone.give some time to access the bolt app or bolt module hotspot.

Okay let me try this one.

@kaustubh.jawale15 ok,if you have any query let me konw.

Make sure your wifi has the internet access. Check the network strength. If everything is fine then try deleting the network and connecting it again. If this does not help then please elaborate your problem.

Try setting a new password for your hotspot. Add new device on the bolt app and connect the wifi using the new password

Hey just make sure you are connected to the internet if you are not then your device will not be connected. Try by clicking forget the network and add the network again .

@kaustubh.jawale15

Hi Kaustubh,

I see you have struggled a lot to reconnect the device to the internet. Since your device is not supporting the disconnect feature from the dashboard, you can follow the below steps to reset the wifi credentials that you had provided to the device and connect to a new wifi source.

1] Install below IP scanner app on your computer. This app scans and lists all the devices that are connected to the wifi to which your laptop is connected to.
http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/download/Advanced_IP_Scanner_2.5.3581.exe

2] Connect your computer to the same network to which you had connected the device and scan the devices using the above app. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.

3] Use a second mobile just for the setup purpose and replace these 3 parameters that are in bold from the below line.

{IP_ADDR}/wifiSetup?ssid={HOTSPOT_NAME}&password={HOTSPOT_PASSWD}

For example if the IP to which the Bolt device connected to is 123.23.14.23, hotspot name and password of the second mobile is “my_hotspot” and “my_password”, your link will be:

123.23.14.23/wifiSetup?ssid=my_hotspot&password=my_password

Paste your updated link in the browser of your laptop and the device should reset connect to the second mobile’s wifi hotspot.

4] Turn off the hotspot of the second mobile and set the name and password of your mobile exactly the same as the second mobile. The device should get connected to your mobile’s hotspot.

Do revert back in case of any issues.

I am facing similar problem.

A week ago the device was working properly, but now the blue led just blinks slowly and the device status is offline on the Bolt Cloud account page!!!

People are giving suggestions to remove device from account.

But please guide me how to do that!!

Hi @rutvijpshah,

You don’t need to remove the device from your account. Follow the setup process again to link your device to your wifi network. (Ignore the warning message - your account is already linked to your account.)

Check this link https://info.boltiot.com/how-to-setup-bolt

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

make sure you are using different internet access for bolt module,you can not use same phone or internet access for bolt module and bolt app

Sometimes it happens i also gone through this problem.go to your boltiot app and click on add device then go through all the instructions and now ur problem will get sorted

Make sure that your WIFI SSID or password wasn’t changed in recent times. If it was changed then try to do a fresh setup using the mobile app. You will always need the same Wifi with which you setup the bolt Iot for the first time.