Bolt IoT module resetting when restarted via the restart command in vps

I created a restart program on my digital ocean server as shown in the course video. the status and turning on of light programs are working fine, but when I run the restart program, the module shuts down and resets itself .i.e. it won’t connect to the wifi network. I have to go through the setup process everytime. Please help me with this issue and thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

Could you reply with the code that you have written for the “restart program”?
Also which part of the course showed you how to write a “restart program”?

Hi,

The code is given in Project 6: Checking Device Status and Restarting the Device.
Below is the code I wrote for the “restart” program:

from boltiot import Bolt
api_key= “60c5d95e-0e8f-4a71-b526-a6499ceb24d2”
device_id=“BOLT7421165”
mybolt=Bolt(api_key,device_id)
response=mybolt.restart()
print (response)

Hello sir, I am also facing the same issue as he is facing,please help me with issue and thanks in advance.
Also I have used the same code as he has used.

1 Like

I was facing the same problem too. The module restarts but doesn’t connect to the wifi. Resetting it just like the first time is what you need to do.

Hi @trahul.2008 I was also having same issue when i run the restart program. So the thing is when the restart program was run the wifi module forgets the wifi network to which you were connected. So in your Bolt app add the device again and repeat the same steps to connect to the network.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hello Sir
I am also facing the same issue. After running this code, I am also unable to reconnect my device. Also by adding new device too it isn’t connecting. Kindly help me out in this issue.