how to change the wifi network my device is connected to another network but i want to change it
- Switch off the wifi network which was initially set up
- Repeat the same process with the Bolt IOT app to connect to the intended wifi network
There are two method to do this as mentioned inside troubleshooting section of tutorial
“Getting Started with the IoT Cloud” :
Method 1 :
You need to come out from the WiFi network coverage area and your Bolt will be disconnected from your current WiFi network. Once the Blue LED starts blinking, you can connect your Bolt to new wifi and continue using the Cloud.
Method 2 :
- Install Advance IP Scanner (eg. Download_advanced_ip_scanner ) in your laptop.
- Connect to the WiFi network the Bolt is connected to and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.
- Type the following URL in your laptop’s browser after replacing <IP_ADDR> with the Bolt’s IP Address.
- Replace <HOTSPOT_NAME> with the name of your phone’s hotspot and replace <HOTSPOT_PASSWD> with the password of your hotspot.
- Now your Bolt will be restarted and will connect to new wifi ( here it is Hotspot )