Bolt Module not connecting to cloud

Hi
It has been a week since I first linked my Bolt module to the cloud and started the course. My bolt module was working fine till last night. I powered it on today but it is not connecting to the cloud. And it is definitely not an internet issue because I use my mobile hotspot. I am currently using the same hotspot to write this post and the module is still powered on in front of me.

Light status:

Blue: Blinking

Green: Nothing

Please retry the procedure on Boltiot android app.
This problem might arise when you switch on your bolt module when it cannot connect to the hotspot. In such a case, the module itself starts acting as a hotspot. If any external WiFi device connects to the bolt in this condition, it assumes the user wants to reset some settings.
Please use the app again, you need not create another cloud account.

try the steps which involves the connecting to the app again
add the wifi again

Hey there,
Greetings,
You should try again steps which are giving at the starting of this training, I mean how to connect and configure the Bolt Module.

But I already have connected the bolt module via the app. How to delete the previous configuration from the app?

You don’t need to delete past configuration. Just click on Add new device and follow up from there.

Tried doing that. It just continues showing me the toast “Please Wait” for a long time. Tried killing the app then restarting the phone. Still no success.

Are you using the updated app from playstore?

Yes. I don’t see any update on the play store as of now, so I’m assuming this is the latest one.

Are there any changes to the LED status while you’re using the app?
Try connecting to the bolt hotspot manually using the password ‘bolt1234’, then use the app.

Hi @patwardhanatharva6,

As I can see your device is already linked to your cloud account. Now you need to connect your Bolt device to a wifi network.

You will require two phones for setting up your Bolt device.

Q. I don’t have a Wi-Fi network but I have hotspot feature on my mobile phone? How can I connect Bolt to my phone’s hotspot?

When you are setting up your Bolt for the first time, You need Bolt IoT app and wifi network. In case you don’t have the wifi connection at your home then you need two smartphones for setting up your Bolt. In the first phone install the Bolt IoT app and create a hotspot from the second phone. Now open Bolt IoT app in the first phone and log in with your login credentials and click on Add Device button and follow the onscreen instructions and in the last screen, it will ask to connect your bolt to second phone’s hotspot and your Bolt will be restarted and will connect to your second phone’s hotspot. https://docs.boltiot.com/docs

Ignore the warning message (This device is already linked to your account.)

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

Hi
You Would require two Mobile for connecting the Bolt Module to cloud one device whose Hotspot you are Gonna use and the other on which you need to install the Bolt iot app .Then Follow the steps to connect a new Device on the Bolt Iot app .

Hi,
I have already set-up the bolt and for the first time both blue & red lights were stable. But then when I tried it for the second time it is always showing offline, the light status is:
Blue- stable
Green- Nothing

@tanyatalreja6629 if the green light is off that means you are not connected to bolt cloud . so you should repeat the procedure to connect your bolt module to bolt app using access to an wifi or use hotspot from another phone.

use another mobile to connect the bolt to the cloud.There may be problem in the speed of the internet.

just create another product and link device to it.