Boltiot directory installed but cannot be imported in program

I have tried to import bolt module with windows powershell and also on vs code terminal (powershell). requirements are satisfied but giving error:

File “e:\Bolt\test.py”, line 1, in
import boltiot
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘boltiot’

you can use this screenshot image for reference.

@parth.cict17

Refer to this thread Could not find a version that satisfies the reqirement boltiot. no matching distribution found for boltiot

I have explained in detail step by step. Let me know if you face issue anywhere.

I followed your steps accurately but still the error is present. error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “e:\Bolt\test.py”, line 1, in
import boltiot
PS E:\Bolt>

@parth.cict17

From your folder ‘Bolt’ > Press Shift and Right Click on mouse > on the dropdown, you’ll see “Open Powershell Window here” > Type python3 and press enter > When python runs, type ‘import boltiot’

Check if you still face the error

1 Like

I tried to run my program on another pc, and it worked without any error. so i might need to format my pc.

hello sir ,
i am still facing the same issue even in powershell .
File “C:\Users\ishaa\ishaan.py”, line 1, in
from boltiot import Bolt

can u please help

@ishaanjukar could you please run pip install --upgrade pip to make sure you are on the latest version of pip and then pip uninstall boltiot followed by pip install boltiot to make sure there are no problems with the package versioning itself.
If the problem is still not resolved, I suggest you check your Windows installation’s Environment Variables (these may require a google search or two if you are not familiar with them).
If the problem is still not fixed, a short term solution would be to get the boltiot package from the Python Package index, boltiot · PyPI, extract it, and copy the boltiot folder to the folder where your python code is. For instance if your python file is named hello.py and is in a folder called greeting, the folder structure would be something like:

greeting

• hello.py
  • boltiot
    • __init.py__
    • requesting.py
    • alert.py
    • bolt.py
    • urls.py

Now run import boltiot just to check if the python file can detect the module.
If it returns an error saying it needs twilio, first run pip install twilio and if you still get the error, just repeat the aforementioned steps for the twilio package. Here is the link for the download from the Python Package Index (get the .tar.gz file), twilio · PyPI.

C:\Users\ishaa>python3 ishaan.py
File “C:\Users\ishaa\ishaan.py”, line 1, in
from boltiot import Bolt
still the same error tried upgrading the pip on cmd prompt and entered again on the same

can u help in using the replit as i have the unbuntu and vm workstation but not the digital ocean account

For a Ubuntu terminal, first make sure that you have complete python3 and related utilities installed. You can do this by running sudo apt-get install python3 and sudo apt-get install python3-pip (since there is a chance it might have the minimal versions of these installed).
Run python3 --version to make sure the terminal recognises it and returns the version number.
Now, run pip install boltiot command. After it is done installing, create and edit a new python file with nano hello.py (you can change ‘hello’ to whatever suits your fancy). Inside the editor, type import boltiot (we are not typing from boltiot import Bolt or anything after the import statement as we just need to check if the module has been installed properly and is accessible). Press Ctrl+X, Y, Enter keys in that order to save the python file and exit the editor.
Now run the file with python3 hello.py, and if the terminal does not give you any output (including errors), the module has been properly installed, and is being detected and imported by the interpreter successfully. You can now proceed with your development.

this the issue i am getting

Please run as mentioned, sudo dpkg --configure -a

Let me know further.