Cannot Connect to my device

Hii everyone,
ive bought the bolt wifi module, now in my case both the led’s are stable(green and blue) but i cannot add my device in the smartphone.
i mean the wifi module is not generating the hotspot.

@rmrohithgowda
What were the status of your lights when you first plugged in your USB?

Both Blue and Green light were stable?

yes both the lights were stable.

Can you confirm, whether or not you tried to use the app during that? Or during the very first time you put the USB, both the lights were ON?

the first time i tried it was blinking and some errors occured so i couldnt complete the process.
but now everytime i power up the wifi module both the lights are stable but i cant add device in the smartphone as its not generatin the hotspot.

Please mention what kind of error occured when the first time you tried. Which step during the setup did you face the error.

Also, as you mentioned now,

This statement isn’t true for this question,

Right?

Please let me know if that is correct?

when i first plugged in the blue light was blinkin slowly as shown in the video but after that i connected to the hotspot of the wifi module.
later on i added my home wifi to the wifi module it was all success. then green light started blinking after that both the lights were stable but in my smartphone no device was added.
this happened the very first time.
so now everytime i power up the wifi module both the lights are stable but coudnt add the device thats the problem

Please hold on, as you’ve already added your device in the cloud, it’s definitely connected. Will check with the team and let you know of further step.

Have you visited cloud.boltiot.com and checked in the devices section? Do you see your device there?

okay sir thank you. Bolt14485143 this is the hotspot ssid.
hope the issue gets resolved soon

yes sir ive checked in the devices section but its not there.
its empty like its sayin install the app and connect like that.

sir havent heard from u since 13 hours,
so what exactly is theproblem and how can i make it right

@rmrohithgowda
Apologies for the delay. I hope you’re aware I am a person, and I need to sleep as well.

Right now, I suggest you to turn OFF any wifi that you previously connected it with. Turn ON the module and try to connect with any other wifi. Make sure,the wifi signal strength is good and internet connection is stable.

Let me know if the issue arises again.

yeah sorry for the rush!!
sir as soon as i turn on the module both the lights will be turned on and they are stable.
can u please tell me how to connect to other wifi??

Is the green light of the module ON, even when your wifi is OFF?

sir i dont have access to operate the router, its always on like it can never go off cuz it is used by my uncle in cable connection business.
sir can u plz restart or reboot my module??
like ill try things from the beginning

@rmrohithgowda,
Please Follow these steps and try to resolve your issue-
1.Install Advance IP Scanner software (http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/) in your laptop.
2.Connect to the WiFi network the Bolt is connected to and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.
3.Now create a hotspot from your phone network and type the following URL in your laptop’s browser after replacing <IP_ADDR> with the Bolt’s IP Address.
4.Replace <HOTSPOT_NAME> with the name of your phone’s hotspot and replace <HOTSPOT_PASSWD> with the password of your hotspot.
Use this Command:
<IP_ADDR>/wifiSetup?ssid=<HOTSPOT_NAME>&password=<HOTSPOT_PASSWD>
5.This would Restart your Bolt device and it would connect to your phone hotspot that you provided in Step 4, and now both the Led’s should be On and stable.

2 Likes

@rmrohithgowda You can surely try @pavu.choudhary810’s suggestion. It’ll redirect the connection to your phone’s hotspot.

Let me know once you connect it.

1 Like

yeah it worked well.
thanks for all the support sir!!
appreciate it

1 Like