After the step by step installation process, I cant able to login to the ubuntu server…and I dunno what’s the problem…Is there any solution for this sort of problem?
What is the actual error you are getting. Give screenshots
You need to login with the credentials you have mentioned while initialising your Virtual machine, If you forgot the credentials,
One way is to uninstall and reinstall the Ubuntu server iso
Or if you want to reset the password,
You can try the following link:
The actual error is that now I tried using Digital Ocean Droplet and well yeah the account is created successfully but then to access it , the login credentials are needed right,I only received the IP address mail from the digital ocean but didn’t receive the login and password…!So my problem is how to login in putty(Windows Installer) now?
- You need to enter the IP address of your server into the Host name field and click ‘Open’.
- Type your username and Unix password granted to you in email.
- Reset the password.
In order to log in in linux at the tym of installation process u must provide the username and password and afer successful installation u can login with these credentials bt if u are unable to do so I suggest that u have to open virtual box and delete the exist file of ubuntu(linux) after deleting u can reinstall ur ubuntu again and at this tym pay attention to provide the username and password at the tym of installation process.
If you are facing a problem while login to the Ubuntu server, Even if you are having proper username and password of your O.S. Don’t worry, Sometimes it is due to SSH connection disable in the Ubuntu server.
If you are using putty in windows and tries to connect with the virtual machine using the IP address and it says connection can’t establish which means SSH is disabled in your virtual machine. You can enable SSH through the terminal of Ubuntu.
Follow these steps:
- open your Ubuntu Server O.S.
- Open your terminal either by using the
Ctrl+Alt+Tkeyboard shortcut or by clicking on the terminal
icon and install the
OpenSSH-serverpackage by typing:
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt install openssh-server
- Enter the password when prompted and enter
Yto continue with the installation.
- Once the installation is complete. You can check the status for your SSH whether it is currently running or not. To check the status type:
- sudo systemctl status ssh
- After typing this command you get to know that it is currently “Active” or running.
- Then the last command you have to enter into the terminal is:
10.sudo ufw allow ssh
- Now you see SSH is enabled in your O.S, and you can easily login with the help of putty.