Cant Access IOT And ML Training

I had purchased this course with a discounted coupon and have received the kit as well. The status is showing as “Paid” but when i am going to “Enroll in course”, it is showing that “the coupon has expired” and is asking for additional 130$. At the time of purchase, the training course was for free using coupon but now it is asking additional charges. I have contacted using email as well but they have not responded.
Any help will be appreciated.

Even I had the same issue but i got them solved by the support team. They are going to respond in 24 - 48 hours. They will share the coupon code via mail. There is a contest on 31 December may be they are stuck up with that but don’t worry you need not pay as they have promised you that the course is free then they will help you to come out from that. Hope this was helpful to you

Mail to support of Bolt iot to get the issue sorted out

Its been 3 days since i have mailed them but still no reply :frowning:
On top of that the refund time is also almost getting over.

I wanna ask you a question… have you sent the picture of the kit which you have received… in the mail which you have sent them…?

I had sent the mail yesterday. But there is no reply from your side. I added a picture of kit also.

Ok so they did reply after i sent them picture of the kit and fixed it. Thank You!