Can't access python programming training

Its been 20 days I have purchased the course but the content is still not updated. I think I have wasted both time and money…

The same case is with me too.

Please help us with this @community

HI , Bolt community

We have noticed an outage from our training platform provider(Teachable), due to which you will not be able to access the training when visiting https://trainings.boltiot.com/. We are following up with them regarding the same and will keep you all updated regarding the same.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for being patient.

Regards
Lokesh Agarwal

Hi @satejbhaskar @srusti.priyadarshini

Apologies for the delay in this topic.

Initially, when we planned the topics we had estimated a go-live date of 15th of October 2022. But due to unforeseeable tasks, the content development has taken us more time than we promised. :slightly_frowning_face: Apologies for that.

Be assured that we are continuously working on the topics and the new expected date for this topic to go live is 15th November 2022.

The same has been updated in the training content as well.

why we are unable to access the course consistently,
why this :point_up: type of problem is occuring all the time…?

Hi @satejbhaskar @srusti.priyadarshini

Apologies for the delay in this topic.

Initially, when we planned the topics we had estimated a go-live date of 15th of October 2022. But due to unforeseeable tasks, the content development has taken us more time than we promised. :slightly_frowning_face: Apologies for that.

Be assured that we are continuously working on the topics and the new expected date for this topic to go live is 15th November 2022.

The same has been updated in the training content as well.

Regards,
Lokesh Agarwal