What’s the best technology to learn to start a Career in IT with Non-IT degree and experience. I am very passionate about working as a Data Engineer, but I kept my options open. I have started my learning journey with Fundamentals in Python from Bolt IoT which was great.
Do I have any people here who can guide or direct me in reaching my goal or has gone through similar experience of switching their career in between their Careers?
There are several technologies that you can learn to start a career in IT, even if you have a non-IT degree and experience. Here are some of the best options:
- Python: Python is a popular programming language that is widely used in the IT industry, particularly in the field of data engineering. It has a simple syntax, which makes it easy to learn for beginners.
- SQL: Structured Query Language (SQL) is a language used to manage databases. It is a fundamental skill for data engineers and analysts.
- Cloud computing: Cloud computing is becoming increasingly popular, and it is an essential skill for IT professionals. You can start with learning the basics of cloud computing and then move on to specific cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Big Data Technologies: The field of big data is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for data engineers who can manage large datasets. Some of the popular big data technologies include Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
- DevOps: DevOps is a methodology that combines development and operations to improve the software development process. It is an important skill for IT professionals, particularly those working in software development.
Overall, the best technology to learn depends on your interests and career goals. Python is a great place to start, particularly if you are interested in data engineering. However, you should also consider learning other technologies that are relevant to your career aspirations.