Connecting Bolt Divices

I connected my bolt device with some other internet for the first time and now that internet is not there . Secondly I have a mobile phone and wifi of university so how should i manage to connect the bolt. my device is actually added but when i click on the device anme it shows device if not link to product and when i click add device it shows Could not connect to bolt.What should be my steps now?

If you are trying to connect to the WiFi of your University,there could be firewalls and some restrictions on usage of the internet.
You need to disconnect your Bolt from your university network and connect it to your phone’s hotspot. You need to come out from the WiFi network coverage area and your Bolt will be disconnected from your university WiFi network.

1 Like

If your university wifi network is spread over a huge area, and you cannot leave the university area, then install Advance IP Scanner software ( http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ ) in your laptop. Connect to the WiFi network the Bolt is connected to and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.

Now create a hotspot from your phone network and type the following URL in your laptop’s browser after replacing <IP_ADDR> with the Bolt’s IP Address.

Replace <HOTSPOT_NAME> with the name of your phone’s hotspot and replace <HOTSPOT_PASSWD> with the password of your hotspot.

1 Like