Connecting bolt IoT module to WiFi

Can I use different WiFi for Bolt Iot module, that is different from the WiFi which I used it for the first time.

No, u have to use the same WiFi or different wifi with same name and password.

1 Like

@Rahul

Yes, you can disconnect your currently connected wifi directly from the Cloud Dashboard itself.

Visit https://cloud.boltiot.com/ > Click on the 3 dots in the dashboard > Select Device Info > Click on ‘Disconnect’ beside Connected WiFi network.

(Bolt Module must be connected, and after the disconnection BLue light should blink slowly)
Next, use the Bolt IoT app to further connect the module to any new WiFi network.

There is a quick way around as well, let me know if you need information on that as well.

@Rahul yes you can use different WIFI for Bolt IOT module, you just need to re configure the device through the mobile app like you have done initially just follow the same procedure. You can change the WIFI connection as many times you want and once done each time onwards the bolt module will connect to the WIFI you configured automatically when turned ON.

what to do if my old network is not in range ?

Hi @meheramreet

I assume your Bolt device is not in range of old Wi-Fi network and you intend to connect it to a new Wi- Fi network . In that case if you want to disconnect from your current Wi-Fi network and connect to a new Wi-Fi network , kindly follow these steps:

• Make sure your Bolt Wi-Fi module is on and connected to your current network.

• Go to cloud.boltiot.com

• Click on Devices tab, your Bolt device will be displayed.

• Click on the three dots at the end where your Bolt device is displayed

• Next click on device info ( i icon)

• Now click on Disconnect button. This should disconnect your Bolt device from your current Wi-Fi connection
    Screenshot-3

• Now that you have disconnected from current wi-fi network, you can go ahead and connect to a new Wi-Fi network. You can do this by following the same steps which you did while setting up the Bolt device in the beginning.

• Alternatively, you can also refer to this tutorial

• Video tutorial - Bolt Wi-Fi Module setup 2

• Text tutorial - Bolt Wi-Fi module setup

If you still face any issues please feel free to get back to us.