Connecting to College WiFi with username and password

How do I connect Bolt to my college WiFi network that asks for my Username and Password? Bolt app only gives a field to add password.

If you have connected your Bolt to your University/Collge wifi network and blue Led is stable but the Green led is not on.
Then these could be the reason for this issue.

1. Your university has the firewall that is stopping the connection from your Bolt to Bolt Cloud.
  2. University has two layers wifi security where MAC address is linked to internet access.
  3. Your university has Open internet connection.

Solving the issue

1- You need to disconnect your Bolt from your university network and connect it to your phone’s hotspot. You need to come out from the wifi network coverage area and your Bolt will be disconnected from your university wifi network and I assume you don’t have other wifi network but you can create the hotspot from your phone. In that case, this FAQ can help in solving the query.
2- If your university wifi network is spread over a long area , and you can not leave the university area. Then install Advance IP Scanner software (http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ ) on your laptop and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname. The Hostname for Bolt is Espressif .
Now create a hotspot from your phone network.
and type the following URL after replacing it with your details.

Format.
Bolt_IP_address/wifiSetup?ssid=hotspot_name&password=hotspot_password

1 Like

we can easily connect it by knowing the password of our collage wifi.just make sure that it has network. it must has a password and not open for all.

A work around that did magic with for me here in IIT Delhi was the WiFi hotspot option on Windows 10. Just connect your laptop to the college WiFi, make a WiFi Hotspot from the laptop by going into network and settings. Then connect your mobile to the hotspot created by the laptop. Use the BoltIOT app to configure the same hotspot into the Bolt module.

@nandeesh.k18
Bolt device can not connect to wifi source having dual layer authentication like the one in your college.

You can use your mobile hotspot to connect the device to the internet.

College wifi uses various firewalls which may deny accessing the bolt cloud.
So, it is recommended to use your mobile data instead.