Create a scenario on Integromat

hello guys i am getting a problem in creating a scenario
above is the screenshoot in which i am not able to test the scenario

please help me create a scenario

@PPV @rahul.singh1

You will need to share more details here. Can you share what Webhook you are using? May be a screenshot of the webhook settings will help.

above are details of the setting

i am using Facebook pages , and i want to create a post on my facebook account

please guide me create a scenario
@akshayan.sinha @rahul.singh1 @PPV @vishalvats2000

@PPV @rahul.singh1 @vishalvats2000 @akshayan.sinha

@abutalahabelvadi it’s hard to point what mistake you did while configuring the webhook, so I suggest you to redo the whole task. This time for your reference go through the Integromat Docs : https://www.integromat.com/en/help/app/webhooks

can you tell me the whole process

Step 1: First you have to create a scenario and configure the Webhook by clicking on the webhook icon and then you have to assign a name to the webhook.

Step 2: Copy the URL which is then provided to you, it will be used while making requests to Integromat.

Step 3: Then use the Facebook at the other end so that you can send a message whenever a call to that webhook is made.You will need to link your Facebook account in Integromat while doing this step so that Integromat receives the permissions to post on your Facebook account on your behalf. The message posted on Facebook should be “I am not getting enough light - sent by your Plant ”

Step 4: After configuring the facebook part, then click on the power icon on the Webhook to schedule the webhook so that it runs immediately i.e. every time a request is made to the webhook then it will process the same and thus the Facebook post will be posted.

Click on the Save button and then turn on the Scheduling button.

Note: In this webhook case there is no point of describing the data structure which makes this one fairly simple one.

I hope your query is resolved :slight_smile:

If you want to learn how to customize more powerful webhooks i.e. webhooks which will be transferring the data from one module to another module using some defined Data Strcuture then you can check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4906UIhHoU . This one helped me a lot when I was configuring various webhooks, will surely help you out too.

I have done as you said but whent i click on RUN ONCE
I get the response as , THE REQUEST WAS ACCEPTED WAITING FOR DATA

Can you share the screenshot of the webhook window where you see the URL!

THIS IS IT

@abutalahabelvadi have you configured the Facebook module correctly because in there you have to connect that module with your facebook account.

Do share the screenshot of the Facebook module setting

@abutalahabelvadi I got the solution for your query :slight_smile:

check this and let me know

As you have successfully created a scenario for the project, you must have seen that there is an option of determining the data structure for the webhook. So basically, a data structure is a document that describes in detail the format of the data being transferred to Integromat. Based on this document, the scenario editor is able to figure out which module returns or receives which kind of data. The data structure documents are most commonly used for serializing/parsing data formats such as JSON, XML, CSV and others.

Say you have to pass some data from your project to the facebook page, then the concept of data structure comes into picture. Then I have to first pass some queries in the URL through which the data structure will be defined. So every time any user of the program sends the data using the POST method then the data should follow the Data Structure defined in the webhook.

But in this particular project case, you must have noticed that we have to post a message on facebook whenever the LDR values crosses the set threshold values. So, in this case we don’t have to pass any data from the webhook to the facebook module. We just have to intimate the facebook module that it has to send the pre-defined message.

Note: When you click on Run Once button by default the method of URL is set to POST which itself means that you have to pass some data to the webhook. In the trainig content also, it is mentioned that we have to use the GET method because we will just use GET method to initiate the scenario we don’t have to use the POST method.

I know you were hitting the RUN ONCE button to check whether the scenario is working fine or not,. The same is verified from your dashboard also, when you click on Run Once button then in the 03 line you can see that “The request was accepted, waiting for data” and this steps accounts for the GET method.

So, @abutalahabelvadi I will share the steps and way to check the same by creating another scenario :slight_smile:
Will post in half an hour :slight_smile:

@abutalahabelvadi I will be creating a scenario in which I will be using a webhook and a google sheets module such that whenever a GET request is made to the webhook then in the google sheet a row will be deleted.

Creating a new scenario:
Step 1: Choose a custom webhook

Step 2: Click on the newly made webhook and then click on Add. In there write a name in the Webhook Name field. Then click on save.

Note: As we will be only trigerring the webhook in the case of GET requests so we don’t have to set the data structure for the incoming requests.

So click on the Stop button because we don’t have to set any data structure for the same. Copy the URL as this will be used to make requests to the webhooks :slight_smile:

Step 3: Click on Ok

Step 4: Hover over the webhook and there click on Add Another Module choose your desired module there by searching its name. In my case, I will use the Google Sheets module

Step 5: Now I will select the Delete a Row in the actions field (you may choose any action according to your needs), but make sure that you are not opting for any actions which requires POST method i.e. some data to be passed on from the webhook.

Note: I have opted for Delete a Row action because in this we don’t have to fetch any data from the webhook, we just have to initiate the scenario by using the GET method. So whenever the webhook is being inititaed, the action will be performed by the next module.

Step 6: Then you have to connect your google account with the Integromat platform. So click on the Add button and then write a suitable name for the connection and then click on continue. You have to connect to the correct account.

In the above image, you can see that I have integrated the Integ excel sheet and then selected the Sheet Number and Row Number as 1. (In my case, I have set the row number as 1 so that each time a GET request is made, then the Row No 1 is deleted).

Click on OK.

Step 7: Click on the power icon on the webhook and make sure that the Schedule Setting is set to Immediately so that your scenario is good to go from the moment it is made.

Step 8: Turn on the Scheduling button which is present at the bottom of the scenario page.

Note: If you have followed the above steps then I am sure that there will be no problem when you will integrate the scenario in your projects.

If you will click on the Run Once button then you will get the following response from the logs:

Click on Stop to stop the execution because it will not stop automatically.

So this way doesn’t works because it always look for the POST request to the webhook (it will always look for the data sent to the webhook), but as we are dealing with the GET requests we don’t pass any data to the webhook.

So one way of confirming that our scenario is working fine is that, in the log there is a statement: The Request Was Aceepted, which confirms that the GET request is working fine for the desired scenario.

So you can go ahead and implement the same in your project. It will surely work fine.

Replace the URL with the webhook URL which you got at the time of creating the scenario.

In this I will be showing you a different way in which you can see the total working of the scenario through the GET method. I will run a very small python file for the same and that will verify whether it is working or not?

Step 1: Open the UBUNTU server and then create a new file say integ.py

Step 2: Code the file like this:

Note: Do write the URL of the webhook correctly, I have hidden my URL. Do place your webhook’s URL to see the functioning.

My google sheet’s content before I have run the scenario:

Step 3: As you can see that we have made a GET request to the webhook and in response we are getting Accepted which confirms that the scenario is working smoothly and fine.

Step 4: To check the results, I will have to take a glance at my excel sheet and verify that whether the row number 1 is deleted or not ?

The results:

Boom, you can see that the Row No 1 is deleted and then the rows re-arrange accordingly

Again running the file, results are:

So @abutalahabelvadi you can form the small python file and can verify that the facebook post will be posted accordingly.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

Thanks @abutalahabelvadi , please do like the solution post as I have spent a lot of time in figuring that :slight_smile:

Bro have you got the certificate?