Device not adding!

Hi,
I am not able to connect my bolt device with bolt cloud as I tried for couple of times through boltiot app but it shows some error while connecting!

Hey!
Please make sure your device has connection to the wifi.
The wifi connection should be equal to 2.5 Hz.
Follow the steps as mentioned on the bolt app.
Also try connecting to a mobile hotspot instead of a wifi connection. (try)

Hi @akmalshadab99,
Please record a video of your Bolt module and upload it on google drive and share the link so I can see the status of the lights.

hey @akmalshadab99. i also faced the same issue. can you please change the wifi and try again. same was happening with me as i was trying with my laptop hotspot. it didnt work. then i used my home wifi to link one and then again reverted back to my laptop hotspot.

I did it but didn’t work!

can you please tell me whether you are using wifi or mobile hotspot to connect? also tell me at what stage you are facing the problem.

Hey
could you pls let me know which device were you using .
Actually same problem was faced by me but with OnePlus nord2 device maybe because of the android version but then I did it with 2 year old Samsung phone and it worked so you could use yours or somebody else’ phone to connect your module to your phone , hopefully this will help you!

Hi @akmalshadab99 ,
Can you please check if you can see your BOLT on the cloud dashboard? Also, please record a video of your Bolt module and upload it on google drive and share the link so I can see the status of the lights.

follow these steps to resolve this issue-
1.open the boltcloud app
2.make sure that your bolt module is connected to the suppy and green led is stable
3.then in your phone show option in your wifi section boltwifi module connect it with the paasword provided by the app.
4.after you need to connect the wifi in your phone for internet connectivity which is not more than 2.5Hz after connecting to your blue led in wifi module is stable this show the internet connectivity then refresh it and open the bolt cloud website in your laptop in which in the device section show that one device is connect.Try this method i hope this will help you…