Device Owned by Other

Just received 2 devices BOLT8024751 and BOLT8022800. Set up 8022800 OK but 8024751 owned by other. 4751 is connected (solid blue & Green LEDS), but does not show as a device in the app or this website.
Please reset 8034751 in my name (email).

Thank you

Hi @tedlawson,

I have reset the BOLT8024751. Please change the wifi password of your wifi network and follow the setup process again to link your device to your cloud account. You can do the same for 8022800 to connect your device to the new network.

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

Changing password not practical (would have to update too many devices). Tried to install 751 on an alternative router. Solid blue & green leds on; BOLT###… SSID does not come up.
Have ordered 2 more Bolts. Hopefully I can install without screwing up.

Thanks

Hi @tedlawson,

Then you can do one more things. Install the Advance IP scanner on windows or lanscan on Mac and find the Bolt IP address on your wifi network.

After finding the address, you can change the wifi setting of your Bolt device.
For example:

192.168.0.23/wifiSetup?ssid=your_wifi_name&password=your_password

and your bolt device will be disconnected from your home wifi network. Now the follow setup process again to link the device to your cloud account.

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

i too have a used bolt from a friend and am facing the same issue, both LEDs i.e blue and green remain constantly ON. kindly reset the BOLTIOT module at the earliest and also provide any additional steps i need to take into account.

My BOLT module ID is: BOLT290148

Hi @avito.lourenco28486,

Is your Bolt connected to any wifi network?

Yes it connected to my home WiFi, but when I tried to set it up it said this device is already registered to my friend’s email

Hi @avito.lourenco28486,

I have reset your device. Please change the wifi password of your home network and follow the setup process again to link the device to your cloud account.

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

thanks my issue is resolved

1 Like