I’m not able to login to my server through putty, the putty application doesn’t work whenever i try to type my password the application just freezes amd after some time it shows a fatal error occured
To create and save a new keep-alive connection, follow these steps:
- Open the PuTTY application, and go to the Options panel (labeled “Category”) on the left of the window.
- Select (click) the “Connection” item.
- In the "Sending of null packets to keep the session active" area on the right, change the default value of “Seconds between keepalives” from 0 (turn off) to 1800 (30 minutes).
- Select the “Enable TCP keepalives (SO_KEEPALIVE option)” check box. Note: This option may not be available in older versions of the PuTTY client.
- On the topmost left side of the Options panel, select (click) “Session”.
- In the “Host Name (or IP Address)” field, enter the destination host name or IP address (e.g., “destination.ipaddress.here.com” or “192.168.1.1”).
- In the “Saved Sessions” text-entry box, provide a name for the session (e.g., “savedsession”).
To use the modified session settings, select it from the “Saved sessions” list, then click the buttons marked “Load” and “Open”.
If your connected sessions still time out, enter a lower number of seconds into the “Seconds between keepalives” value.
Thanks alot for your help, but i still can’t type in my password
Just so you know, when you type the password, it will not display on the screen. It is a security feature of Linux OS. You can type the password, just make sure it is correct.