Do I need always two smart phone to add device? It is

During adding device through app , I am connecting the bolt with 1 phone and from other phone i am giving the hotspot to access internet. So in this procedure everything is going well and my module also connected well and blue and green light also glow correctly. But when I am verifying device it is showing that my device is not online rather my green light is glowing well. And one more question is that do I need 2 phone always to set up the connection

Hi @debasisbehuria6,

With the latest android app, you do not need 2 phones to configure the device to connect to your phone’s hotspot.

When the app lists the wifi to which you could connect your WiFi module to, there is a button at the end, which you can press to enter your wifi hotspot details.

Once you do this, you will be able to configure the Bolt WiFi module to connect to the same phone’s hotspot.

You don’t need a wifi router nor secondary mobile to connect bolt to wifi network, you can connect your bolt module and any other devices using single mobile hotspot by following few steps:

1. Sign in to bolt mobile app and after logging in through gmail turn OFF your mobile data and hotspot if any,then click on ADD DEVICES .
  2. Complete those 3 steps and select READY option,it will ask you to enable location, then u will get your Bolt device and the status will be showing as secured , then click CONTINUE .
  3. Then it will ask you to Add Network/setup VIA Hotspot , click on that option.
  4. U will be asked to enter SSID name and password, here you have to enter your mobile hotspot name and password and click the dialog box of " check if setting up via mobile hotspot".
  5. Click CONNECT option and then u will be asked to turn ON your hotspot, come back and again you will be asked to ON turn your mobile data.
  6. Then wait for your bolt module’s to show green led and with constant blue led light device ready to use.
  7. If there is some error popping up then go for troubleshoot and click skip option and continue with your project happily.