Error Command timed Out

Screenshot (8144)
Why am i getting “command timed out” message?
to continuously fetch data from bolt device,i had written time.sleep(1).
is this the code which gives this type of error?

To Fix the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Error

1. Check Your Connection. Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge all recommend that you should check your network connection.
  2. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software Temporarily. Firewalls and antivirus software are intended to protect users…
  3. Disable Proxy Settings. Sometimes you might see the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error if you are utilizing a proxy…
1 Like

Hi @sidharthparthsarathi,

What is the status of the green led in your Bolt device? Your device should be online while running your python program.

1 Like

Constant.
It was the issue in network i think.
Thank You

1 Like

Err_Connection_Timed_Out error means that your web-server request take too much time and so your internet browser timed-out the current connection. When a request is sent to the web-server , and it does not respond within 30 seconds, then the browser terminates the communication attempt. Also, the we-browser return an error : “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”, indicating there is a communication problem. Try the following simple solutions in the order in which they are listed.

• Clear Browser Cache
  • Check your Security programs
  • Restart your router
  • Check with your ISP

@sidharthparthsarathi,
It is a good practice to include few conditional statements and provide a graceful error handling capability. Provide a good user friendly message once in a while.

See this for starters:
https://github.com/mkkadambi/internetOfThings/blob/main/sms_light_sensor/light_sms.py