Facing problem after linking the Bolt module to Bolt cloud

@deeptanudatta try it by using laptop or computer hotspot to your mobile and then try it .
it will work but whenever you are using bolt device you have turn on your laptop or computer hotspot.

hey @deeptanudatta, here is the solution for your problem. This process is for, when you want to connect your bolt module to your mobile hotspot or the same mobile in which the app is installed.
Please the following steps one by one -

1.This red symbol shows bolt module is not connected to bolt cloud yet. click on ā€œADD DEVICEā€. Carefully read the these three steps and make sure youā€™ve done the same. Then click on ā€œREADYā€.

2.Then click on ā€œTRY AGAINā€ until it asks for turning off the mobile data.

3.click ā€œOKā€. Close your mobile data.

4.Let the app get the details of wifi module. Once it completes, then click on continue.

5.Now to connect the bolt wifi module to your mobile hotspot click on ā€œADD NETWORK/SETUP VIA HOTSPOTā€.

6.Now, add the details of your mobile hotspot. Make sure to select the check box. Then click on the ā€œCONNECTā€.

7.The app will ask you to setup the mobile setup. Click on ā€œSETTINGSā€.

8.Configure the hotspot with the same SSID and password that you have entered in the app. Make sure you have selected the 2.4 GHz AP band. then do click tick.

9.Now turn on the hotspot.

10.Then come back to the bolt app, The app then asks you to switch on the mobile data. Click on ā€œOKā€ and turn on your mobile data. This is important step while this the bolt module will connect to your mobile hotspot.

11.Wait to the WiFi module to connect to the cloud and when your bolt wifi module shows the green and blue light on, which represent that the device is connected to hotspot.
Then click on ā€œVERIFY WIFI SETUPā€.
The app will then confirm that the bolt module is connected to the cloud and informed you accordingly.

12.Once when the app verified connection between bolt module and the cloud, then click ā€œDONEā€.

13.After clicking ā€œDoneā€ you will be taken back to device list page. And now you can see the green symbol shows that your bolt wifi module is connected to the cloud.

Follow the above steps and let me know is it works for you or notā€¦:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

@sho_shri I hope the reader doesnā€™t get scared with the long postšŸ˜‚ā€¦But its good to see that you wrote that all to help.

Can you please provide me the specifications of the cable used and also the speed of the internet.

There must definitely be some problem with the cable you are using. try using another cable.

I am using data cable of samsung charger and the network is JIO 4G

@deeptanudatta Dude!! Do you know what your PROBLEM is?..ATTENTION here!!!

The phone in which you have installed the BOLT IOT Appā€¦needs to connect to Bolt Device as shown here in the video(at 00:35)----> https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/6646929

And the reason you canā€™t get forward is because every time you reach this step your phones WiFi turns ON in order to connect to BOLT Device ā€¦BUT!!..IT GETS CONNECTED TO THE OTHER PHONE ("ā€œThe one you are using for hotspotā€")ā€¦because you know WiFi automatically connects to previously saved connectionsā€¦CHECK IT and you will see!!

Now the SOLUTIONā€”

Go to the WiFi settings and make the FIRST phone(that has bolt app installed) forget the OTHER phoneā€™s hotspot.

Now when you reachthe step 3 the FIRST phone(one withthe bolt app) will automatically connect to the Bolt deviceā€¦when you press that READY buttonā€¦and if it doesnā€™t ā€¦GO TO WIFI settings and connect it manuaaly to BOLTXXXX and proceed further as shown in the videoā€“> https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/6646929

I am quite sure this will resolve your issue. Let me know if it does.

Hi @deeptanudatta,

Follow the setup process again to link to your device to your phoneā€™s hotspot. Ignore the warning message ā€œYour device is already linked to your accountā€.

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

connect your mobile with the app and pc to a hotspot with 2.4 Hz band and then follow the instructions given in the video.

You will need a stable connection for the bolt module to be in connection with cloud all the time. Since you donā€™t have a WiFi connection make sure that the hotspot with which you are trying to connect is stable and uses 2.4 ghz band and has proper internet connection.
Sometimes there is a bug of some sort , try giving your bolt module a fresh setup (as you did in the beginning) with a new hotspot . This would solve the problem ig.