Final project doubt

HOW TO CONNECT A Mini micro submersible water pump DC 3-6V
TO BOLT IOT MODULE? WILL IT WORK IF I REPLACE A LED WITH THE PUMP IN THE LED CIRCUIT?
PLEASE HELP

can you share the image with us?

i wanted to know if it might work before buying the components…
My project is about a smart irrigation system with voice control.
So basically my soil and temperature sensor will get me the moisture level and if its below the threshold i need to receive a message to water the plants… and on seeing the message i want to use alexa(“Alexa trigger water the plants”) to pump the water from a reservoir kinda thing to the pot.
A pump will have a positive and negative terminal so i thought i could replace the the led with a pump in the project where we learnt to switch on and switch off the led

Yes you can do this project with Bolt IoT. Meanwhile have to write the code accordingly in Javascript.

@ridhap12 eventhough the output voltage of GPIO pin is 3.3 I don’t believe that you can run the motor directly.
You can control a relay with bolt IoT Module that can in turn run your pump. Make sure you are using 5v relay.
This is exactly a trial method because the GPIO voltage is 3.3 and relay needs 5V. Give it a try. Search for 5v relay module online. Thank me if your problem is resolved.

Will definitely take into consideration of your insights thanks.!

If you need any help just leave a comment mentioning me, so that I will receive a mail notification. Good luck @ridhap12.

1 Like

don’t replace led with pump ever because motor like component use large current amount which microcontroller can’t provide so it can be damage to connect any high current consuption component you have to use relay basically relay is switch which react to signal provide from microcontroller and use extra power from outside the microcontroller. i think my advice will solve your problem.

Generally 5v is the minimum switching voltage of relay commonly available where the GPIOs can have only 3.3V in bolt iot module. Is it possible to develop any solution with transistors like IGBT,MOSFET etc.