Gas leakage Project

HI,
I am making gas leakage project what is the value does sensor detects when its not near gas. My device detects value as 1024 when its not near gas then too. so my condition gets true and buzzer buzzes
1024 is analog value
I am using sensor MQ2

Thank You

I guess the value is frequency or data by which it detects the leakage.
try to keep your sensor in an isolated system then observe the data you got if still there is the problem the check the connections.

I hope this helps

@ggaurav955
MQ2 gas sensor is an electronic sensor used for sensing the concentration of gases in the air such as LPG, propane, methane, hydrogen, alcohol, smoke and carbon monoxide.
I think sensor will work only when there is a vacuum in the room. If any how no gas leakage in the room it will sense the other harmful gases in the room such as smoke if any, CO, hydrogen gases which are present in our atmosphere. So you will get confused because it will show the reading but doesn’t tell about which gas it was actually detecting.
It can detect gases in the concentration of range 200 to 10000ppm.
These sensors are used to detect the presence of gases in the air such as methane, butane, LPG and smoke but they are unable to distinguish between gases. Thus, they cannot tell which gas it is.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for both of your response
@nazirahammed98 @sudarshankothawalero

when ever I try to run the python code first the value reading in room temperature is always 1024 and the sensor also be bit warm, so does because the heat it reads value as 1024 ?

I am not exactly how to apply what condition to detect gas.

As their can be other gases in atmosphere how will project work in normal condition if we try to implement it at our home

@ggaurav955
Try to get the sensor which will detect only a particular type of gas in the atmosphere rather than detecting the mixture of gases.
I think 1024 reading which you are getting try to use the detector near LPG gas with some leakage. See whether reading changes or not.

As you are working on a gas leakage project, it is important to understand the functioning of the gas leakage detector. Normally it detects the different gas levels in the air. When there is an excess gas level in the air these detectors warn people by using default beeps.

You can explore the different available gas detectors to understand the project in detail.

you can try using MQ5 sensor if you’re still working on this project. I’ve used MQ5 sensor in college projects and it has a very good sensing capability for LPG.

also, try to use a lighter to feed the gas around your MQ2 sensor. see if there’s any change in values