Green Led not lighting up

Hi I connected my bolt to my pc.The blue light kept on blinking when I connected it through mobile wifi through bolt app.But the green led never turned on.

@asiyaarif10

Is your Bolt device connected and visible on your App?

Yes .It is visible on my android app.But when I take my PC it shows offline there.

@asiyaarif10

Even when you plug in your Bolt Device, it does not change from OFFLINE to ONLINE? Was this the first time you connected your Bolt module to the cloud?

Yes.it does not change from offline to online .This is not the first time .I have connected it before.The blue LED keeps blinking and green doesnt turn on.

@asiyaarif10

What I mean is, have you used your module earlier? Did you see the device go Online in the cloud?

Yes I have used it earlier but never seen the green led turn on

@asiyaarif10

Answer this please.

Yes sir .Now I got it.The one I was trying to connect was old one.when I tried again by adding a new device it worked.The green light is on.problem solved.

1 Like

Did you see that your device is in online mode ?

Open Bolt cloud app.click add device.Move by clicking arrow click ready button.copy password.
Click on wifi settings click on bolt12xxxxx.next click on continue button.Turn off your mobile data.It displays wifi near you click on tat wifi by entering password.Next green and blue led will glows.

Hi, the same thing happened with me when I connected the Bolt wifi module to the laptop only the blue light was blinking not the green light. What I did was I re-established the connection using my phone and Bolt IoT app and then reconnected the wifi module to the laptop and it worked properly both the blue and green lights were stable.

1 Like

that might be off poor wifi network keep ur phone closer to the bolt module

Hi asiyaarif10,
The problem you’re facing is quite common. When this happened to me, I disconnected the module from the laptop and connected it to a plug point, the green light turned on. Another time, I tried searching for my wi-fi connection on the search network option on the app. After multiple failed attempts of connecting to the wi-fi, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bolt app on your phone or maybe trying using another android phone.
Hope this was of help :slight_smile:
Thank You

1 Like

Re-established the connection using your phone and Bolt IoT app and then reconnected the wifi module to the laptop and it will work properly both the blue and green lights were stable.

Make the connection all over once again. Make sure the device you use as a hotspot is 2.4GHz and is closer to you with good internet connectivity.

@asiyaarif10
I am providing the document with all the steps and indicators : https://docs.boltiot.com/docs/setting-up-the-bolt-wifi-module

Make sure that your wires are connected properly and Mobile device and The module should be on same Wi-Fi network.

1 Like