Hardware connections for temperature monitor

i received different colors of male to female wires i.e white, grey and purple compared to the colors used in the training. the colors used in the training are red brown and orange. how do i connect my wires to the LM35 sensor?

lm35
Hi! Put the white wire onto the pin1 of LM35 and then into the 5v, grey wire onto the pin 2 of Lm35 and then into the A0, finally put the purple wire onto the pin 3 of LM35 and then into the ground of the Bolt wifi module and u are done with it .:slight_smile:

Hi, the colors of the wire does not matter. place the sensor in a way so that you can read the name of the sensor LM35 and connect any of the wire from left most pin of sensor to 5v and middle pin to A0 and last pin to GND.

1 Like

hi… color of wires have nothing to do with the connection of circuit just u need to take the temperature sensor LM35 as u can see written on it then from the left to right join the 3 wires of any color does not matters any how… then start connecting from left … join the left wire to 5v of bolt ,middle wire to the AO pin of the bolt and the third wire to the grnd pin of the bolt and then u can link the device to the bolt cloud and perform the required tasks.

2 Likes

The colour of the wires does not matter.
To connect the LM35 sensor to the Bolt:

1. Hold the sensor in a manner such that you can read LM35 written on it.
  2. In this position, the pins of the sensor are VCC, Output and Gnd from your left to right.
  3. Using any colour jumper wire connect :
    VCC pin to 5v of the Bolt Wifi module.
    Output pin A0 (Analog input pin) of the Bolt Wifi module.
    Gnd pin to the GND pin of Bolt Wifi module.

For more information visit https://docs.boltiot.com/docs/getting-started-with-bolt-temperature-monitoring-system

The colour of wires does not matter
While connecting it hold the sensor such that you can read LM35 wriiten on it.
In this position, identify the pins of the sensor as VCC, Output and Gnd from your left to right.

Using male to female wire connect the 3 pins of the LM35 to the Bolt Wifi Module as follows:

• VCC pin of the LM35 connects to 5v of the Bolt Wifi module.
  • Output pin of the LM35 connects to A0 (Analog input pin) of the Bolt Wifi module.
  • Gnd pin of the LM35 connects to the Gnd.