How to create javascript

I don’t understand how to write JavaScript on browser so plzz tell me in simple way

There are two ways of using JavaScript to manipulate contents and make our websites more interactive-

1. JavaScript code written in HTML itself -

[getElementById() is a method that finds an HTML element (with id=“demo”) and changes the element content ( innerHTML ) to “My First JavaScript” ]

The HTML code for the above would be as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <title>Javascript Variables</title>
    <body>
        <h2>JavaScript inside HTML</h2>
        <p id="demo"></p>
        <script>document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = "My First JavaScript";</script>
    </body>
</html>

Save this HTML file and open it in a browser to see how the content is displayed!

Next up,

1. JavaScript code written in a separate file -

First, write this code in the text editor and save it in a file with a .js extension like myJavaScript.js

document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “My First JavaScript”;

Next,

Update the HTML code above to embed the .js file created above

The HTML code would be as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <title>Javascript Variables</title>
    <body>
        <h2>JavaScript inside HTML</h2>
        <p id="demo"></p>
        <script src="myJavaScript.js"></script>
    </body>
</html>

Save this HTML file and open it in a browser to see how the content is displayed!

So there you have it, two ways of writing and using JavaScript for your projects!

1 Like

Here the id are used for specifying exact line/place where we want to insert .js files in .html files.

1 Like

Simply follow the following steps you will be able to write Javascript on browser:

1. Go to chrome browser.
    2)Right click using the mouse.
    3)After right clicking you will see an ‘inspect’ option there, click on it.
    4)Now you will see ‘Console’ on the screen, click on it.
    5)Finally, now in the free space below ‘Console’ you can write Javascript code.
    Happy Learning

** Follow the steps you will be able to write Java Script on Chrome browser:**

• Go to Chrome browser.
  • Right click using the mouse.
  • Click ‘inspect’.
  • Click ‘Console’.
  • ‘Console’ you can write Java Script code.

it easy to wrtie a javascript by adding script to the html body with the given or adding button syntax to body could give you easily the javascript

JavaScript is a scripting language that allows you to add interactivity and dynamic behavior to web pages. To use JavaScript in a web browser, you can follow these simple steps:

1.Create an HTML File: Start by creating an HTML file using a text editor like Notepad, Visual Studio Code, or any other code editor. Save the file with a .html extension. This will be the main file that the browser will render.

2.Set up the HTML Structure: Inside the HTML file, you need to set up the basic structure of the web page using HTML tags. A simple HTML structure looks like this:
#code

My JavaScript Page 1.Add JavaScript Code: To include JavaScript in your web page, you can use the tag. This tag is used to define client-side JavaScript code. Place it inside the tag or the tag of your HTML file. #code My JavaScript Page

Hello, JavaScript!

<script>
    // Your JavaScript code goes here
    alert("Hello from JavaScript!");
</script>
2.Run the Web Page: Save the HTML file and open it in your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge). You should see an alert with the message "Hello from JavaScript!".

3.JavaScript Interactions: You can use JavaScript to interact with elements on the web page, change their content, style, or behavior. For example:

code

My JavaScript Page

Hello, JavaScript!

Click me!
<script>
    function changeText() {
        document.querySelector('h1').innerText = 'Text changed!';
    }
</script>
In this example, when you click the "Click me!" button, the text of the

element will change to "Text changed!".

That’s a basic introduction to writing JavaScript in a web browser. You can continue learning more about JavaScript to add further interactivity, handle user input, and work with various HTML elements on your web page. Remember to save your HTML file and refresh the browser to see the changes when you make modifications to your JavaScript code.

Hi @deshpande.vallabh29
1. Create an HTML File: Start by creating a new file with a .html extension, for example, index.html. This file will contain the structure of your web page.

2. Set Up the HTML Structure: Inside your HTML file, you need to set up the basic structure of your webpage. Here’s a simple example:

My JavaScript Page

Hello, JavaScript!

Click Me

In this example, we have a title, a heading, a button, and a reference to an external JavaScript file called script.js.

3. Create the JavaScript File: Now, create a new file named script.js in the same folder as your HTML file. This is where you’ll write your JavaScript code.

4. Add JavaScript Code: Open the script.js file and add your JavaScript code. Here’s a simple example that changes the text of the heading when the button is clicked:

// Get a reference to the button element using its ID

var myButton = document.getElementById(“myButton”);

// Add a click event listener to the button

myButton.addEventListener(“click”, function() {

// Get a reference to the heading element

var myHeading = document.querySelector(“h1”);

// Change the text of the heading

myHeading.textContent = “Hello, JavaScript is awesome!”;

});

5.Link JavaScript File: Finally, make sure your HTML file knows to use the JavaScript code you’ve written. You’ve already added a reference to your script.js file in the HTML, so the code will automatically be executed when the page loads.

6.View in a Browser: To see your work in action, open your HTML file in a web browser. You can simply double-click the HTML file to open it in your default browser.

7.Interact with Your Page: When you open the page, you’ll see the heading and the button. Clicking the button will trigger the JavaScript code you wrote, and it will change the text of the heading.
I think this will help you understand about you query.