How to do the Buzzer project

How to do the buzzer project…? I am not getting it.

1 Like

I guess u have used resistor for buzzer
In this project u should not use resistor

Circuit connection
Connect long pin of buzzer to 0
And connect short pin of buzzer to GND

Note
Do not use resistor

2 Likes

Circuit Connection:
Connect the long pin of the buzzer to pin no 0 and connect the short pin of the buzzer to GND(You can use male and female wire that is in the kit for the connection).
Don’t use register.
Code:
You have to write similar code as you write in case of LED.
Now to change the frequency of the buzzer you can use analogWrite function [ i.e analogWrite(0,255); where 255 is the frequency, it can vary from 0 to 255 ].
Here is sample code:

Bolt IoT Platform ON OFF
3 Likes

you might have missed the “Note: Do not use the resistor” notice. this is because we need not control the voltage level delivered to the buzzer.

Hi …it is simple from LED also you just have to connect long pin of buzzer which is positive to 0 and short pin to ground .You dont have to use register as LED
And for the code you have to use analog write and set frequency accordingly it can vary from 0 to 225

Its simple to implement. Make the connections of the buzzer as shown in the training and do not forget to take the necessary precaution(DO NOT USE THE RESISTOR AS WE HAVE DONE IN THE LED) and then configure it by using the code provided in the Training program.I hope it helps.

The buzzer is same as the led (Light Emitting Diode) project .As the buzzer and led are out put devices we have to connect long pin( positive pin) of buzzer to ‘0’ & short pin(negative pin) to ground.we have to write same code as led.In this no resistor is required

Buzzer project is similar to the led project.
But the only difference is connect long pin to 0 and short pin to GND . In this case resistor should be avoided. For further doubts you can go to the course and verify for better understanding.

Buzzer is as same as the LED, as both of the devices are an output device. The circuit connection is also same as the previous one which you have performed earlier. The only difference is that you don’t have to use the register with the Buzzer, because the buzzer don’t need less voltage as compared to the LED. The longer leg of the Buzzer is the Positive one and the shorter leg is negative. You just have to connect the shorter leg of the buzzer to the GND i.e ground pin of bolt wifi module and the longer leg to the GPIO pin number 0. At last connect the wifi module with the power source , and wait for the wifi module to connects with the cloud.

Hai, in the Buzzer project you just need to replace the LED with the Buzzer.Circuit connections and configurations of LED are shown in the training module.The point to note here is that you should not use resistor with the buzzer.Insert the positive pin of the buzzer(longer leg)to GPIO pin number ‘0’ and the negative pin(shorter leg) to the ‘GND’ of the bolt wifi module. Then write the same code as LED to control the Buzzer over Bolt Cloud.

Thank you i was also not getting output.

1 Like

Hi… Firstly do not use a resistor in the buzzer project
Connect the long pin to pin 0 and short pin to GND
If it doesn’t connect properly, use the male to female wires.
For the code write it similarly to the LED project but use analog write and set frequency between 0 and 255.

Hello!@kalyankarrahul500
it’s connection is similar to LED connection. The longer pin of the buzzer should be connected to pin 0 and short pin to GND.write the same code as LED control the buzzer over boltcloud.

You can read about (PWM) from the documents tab in bolt cloud under GPIO command.

Below is the link for same:

thank you Neeraj ! I got the output

2 Likes

Make sure you aren’t using a resistor in this project. Just connect the longer pin to a digital pin 0 or any other digital pin of your choice and make sure that you make that particular change in the code. Then ground the shorter pin to GND.

1 Like

With the help of connecting the positive end of buzzer to 0 and negative to gnd of bolt and not using a resistor ,then by creating a device in boltiot.cloud platform and paste the code given the course material and then link the device and see the output.With on and off button u can control the buzzer

1 Like

here u can use this code and not only on and off the buzzer but also have it controlled as per required intensity

<!DOCTYPE html
<head>
    <title>Bolt IoT Platform</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cloud.boltiot.com/static/js/boltCommands.js"></script>
    <script>
    setKey('{{ApiKey}}','{{Name}}');
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <center>
        <input type="range" min="0" max="255" value="100" onchange="analogWrite(0, this.value); console.log('this.value');">

<button onClick="digitalWrite(0, 'LOW');">OFF</button>
    </center>
</body>
1 Like

I am not able to control once it’s on it stay’s on that state only.

1 Like

Thank, I remove resistor and apply directly its started working.

1 Like