How to use a Bread board

i have successfully completed my first IOT project on LDR using the BOLT IOT device but i also read that it is safe to use a bread board instead of using the BOLT since if the LDR and the resistor touches each other then there may be a possibility of the device getting corrupted so it would be really useful if someone can help me with the breadboard connections.

Breadboard is used to make solderless connections to avoid touching of wires and the circuit can be easily modified if you are using a breadboard. The breadboard which you received in Bolt IOT kit is mini breadboard which does not have buses ( buses - separate columns on both sides of board to usually connect batteries). Mini breadboard has 10 columns as 5 on one side and 5 on another side namely A,B,C,D,…,J. And it has 17 rows. The hole in the top left corner is A1 and the hole in the bottom right corner is J17 , all other holes are named accordingly. Columns A,B,C,D and E of a single row are connected underneath. For every row, first five columns are connected together and the next five together. Remember, there is not connection between 5th column and 6th column. Similarly there is no connection between each rows. Use jump wires (male-male, male-female, female-female) to design a circuit using breadboard.

1 Like

Thank you so much ,but my question is how to connect the breadboard to the BOLT IOT device like which pins to use on the Bolt device to connect to the breadboard.

use male-male jumpwires. Instead of inserting the LDR in A0 and 3.3v, insert LDR’s each leg in different rows. Insert one end of jumpwire in the same row where one leg of LDR is placed. Then insert the other end of jumpwire in A0. Simillarly build the complete connection. For your reference, I’ll attach the image of plant monitor system project using bolt IOT and breadboard.

2 Likes

@archanashivkmr Check this video out on youtube.