Html quiz ques 6

in html quiz in ques 6 it’s showing that the correct option is c even it is not having the closing tag…
none of the options are correct in this question…please check…i have attached the scrrenshot…

Maybe it is fault in that question or maybe it happened with you. reload it once and try again.

the quiz can’nt be given again…when i open the quiz again it only displays the marks…

in my quiz ans A is showing correct.

Hi

When you look at the syntax of anchor tag , more details here : https://www.javatpoint.com/html-anchor

Proving the 3rd option is correct : In order to specify a link to another html page we must use the href attribute because that is the syntax of the anchor tag and it can’t be changed by us. So correct answer is the 3rd option.

Possible causes for error : Now, in my opinion there must be a typing error from their side, or may be this question was meant to compare just the opening tags of the 4 options given and choose a correct opening tag. so yea…thats 2 possible reason why this error has occurred.

If this helped in anyway please sure do give it a :+1: !

Happy Learning! :man_student:

1 Like

hi the C option is correct as to privide link in html we use " href " to provide the address for the webpage but in option A its " url " which is wrong. And for just to be sure try it out yourself on the text editor by putting both the hyperlinks all your doubts will be cleared.

Yes, same happened in my case.
Without closing tag it’s also wrong.
It doesn’t mean that I say with URL it’ s right but from my point of view all options are wrong.Can anyone help us to get the right option?

1 Like

option c is correct because it is the correct syntax “href” means hypertext referance which is used in html to produce a hypertext link. so it can’t be url it is always ‘‘href’’

The anchor is used to create a hyperlink to another webpage or another location within the same webpage. To create a hyperlink, the href attribute is used. The other attibutes of anchor tag include hreflang, download, target, title and name. The attribute used in the 1st option (url) is not a valid one. Only option 3 is used to create a link to another page.
As to not having a closing tag, it should have been used here, but not using it doesn’t give any errors in html. This just means that whatever is typed after the anchor tag will be hyperlinked to the referenced page. So here, clicking on ‘BoltIoT’ takes you to the “https://www.boltiot.com” page. It doesn’t matter if closing tag is omitted while writing the tag alone, but it should be used while writing the complete code, or else the entire code after the tag will be hyper linked.

In the first option its which is not the syntax of anchor tag. Its , whereas if there are no other contents after anchor tag then anchor tag with just start tag will work the same as anchor tag with start and end tag.

Ohh, I know this is mistake in quiz option but in HTML anchor tags href (Hyper reference) is used and url is not , so the first priority should be href even it is not complete.

(href) is used for the hyperlinks

Hello awantika,
In HTML , WE CAN USE BOTH “href” OR “url” FOR CREATING A LINK.EVEN I WAS SURPRISED AS LIKE YOU , WHEN I ANSWERED THIS QUESTION.SO,THE ANSWER MUST BE ‘OPTION A’( AS WE SHOULD CLOSE THE REFERENCE ).THERE MIGHT BE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM. YOU CAN LOOK AFTER THE SCREENSHOTS WHICH I LINKED BELOW !!
I USE BRACKETS INSTEAD OF SUBLIME TEXT!
JUST TRY IT!
[

1 Like

In navigations we use anchor tag that is . In anchor tag we use the attribute href that specifies the path of the file which has to be displayed on the web page. So the option c is correct