I am new to learning IOT, which language should i hop on first?

I have a basic knowledge of web development, I just bought the Bolt kit, to get going with the IOT development and ML which language should i learn?

As per my suggestion, stick to the course it is best arranged accordingly and there is a big heated debate going on between python and javascript both are good in their own ways both have strong support to bolt, but if you are planning for thorough IoT development like weather predictions, web scraping, etc I’ll suggest going with python! but if you are planning towards API development, predictions, etc go with Javascript !

The funny part is you need both! All the Best

1 Like

@isaac
Well hello, I hope you’re doing fine.
Firstly, if you are talking about Iot (Internet of things) I would suggest you to dive deep into what it exactly means first. If you want to perform Iot it depends on what you want to do and what your strengths are, to be very honest I feel you should dive into Python and Java and learn the basics of it as it would be very helpful for you to do or perform any projects related to IOT. Now speaking technically, Iot is booming for it’s many features like, temperature sensing, light sensing, Machine learning and many more. These data that are taken are sent to the cloud directly for further manipulation or viewing and so that can be done by good knowledge of programming. Bolt iot gives exactly that platform and so many including me who were just beginners in iot have made projects and now I hope you make your own too. So, yeah in the end I would suggest you to dive into Python and Javascript.
Regards.
Sangramjith Mukherjee

In my opinion, you would be best off learning C/C++ . IoT devices are typically rather small and generally only support C/C++. The Arduino family of devices are (for example) C/C++ based. love language test Note that Raspberry Pi is generally considered to be an IoT device and uses Python as its primary programming language.Choose the right networking technology for your IoT project. Understand the benefits of using an IoT platform. Complete your first IoT project, a smart doorbell by using a Raspberry Pi, some sensors, a buzzer, Node-RED, and Apple Home Kit.

@isaac
@isaac
In my opinion, learning python or javascript is good for beginners. (I have learnt both)

While JavaScript is a client-side language, you can still create websites and servers. If you require API dev and stuff like that, pick this option.

However, Python is the best programming language nowadays and it surpasses the power of other languages like Java or C/C++. If you want something server-related for creating web pages or just to create some robust programs, pick this option!

You can also interlink each to create something big and exciting too. They each have been bundled with many packages and libraries which help them excel in many fields of programming!

Welcome to the modern world of programming! All the best!

go with java or python