Not able to connect Bolt module to my hostpot

I am using mobile hotspot and I am facing trouble to get connection with bolt device to bolt app

HI @preetisnagarkar

It will be great if you can share the error/screenshot of the error. Also, check if below link helps *

For Problem 4… Every time I require 2 smartphone?

@preetisnagarkar Yes, you will require two phones to setup the Bolt initially since the phone cannot connect to the WiFi and start a hotspot at the same time. This is a limitation of most phones.
You will need one phone to act as a Hotspot and the other phone to do the setup process.

@preetisnagarkar
It is pretty straightforward, for this you will need two devices. Use one device to create a hotspot and another for connecting the bolt wifi module. Once you have switched on the hotspot follow these steps:

1. Download the Bolt IoT App from Playstore.
  2. Click on add device.
  3. Now connect your module to a power supply on the successful connection you will see a blue light blinking slowly on the module.
  4. Now follow step 1 and two on the app and press ready on step 3. This will initiate the connection of your device with the module.
  5. Once connected it will ask you to choose a wifi connection for internet. Select your hotspot created by the other device, and you should be good to go.
1 Like

Even i’m facing the same problem
I received my kit last week
I’m not able to connect my bolt device to Bolt app.
I tried connecting manually but in app it doesn’t connect
If I connect through app it is not connecting and saying try again

Please help ASAP. THANKYOU in advance .I’m not able to proceed further.

Hey ! I’ll Break It Up For You .

So, What Happens When You Turn On Your Bolt Device For The First Time Is :

• It Does Not Know Which Network To Connect To
  • Turns On Its Hotspot , In Order To Receive Further Instructions
  • Now, When You Turn On The Bolt App On Your Mobile Device, The App Searches For A Hotspot Turned Up By Any Bolt Device
  • When It Finds One, The App Connects To Your Bolt Device’s Hotspot
  • App Asks For The WiFi Credentials You Want Your Bolt Device To Connect To
  • Those Details Are Sent To The Device Over WiFi Itself
  • Your Bolt Device Connects To That Wireless Access Point
  • And, Then Come The Stable LEDs Once Your Bolt Device Is Connected To The Bolt Cloud Service

Therefore, Your Bolt Device Needs To Be Instructed Over WiFi Only, So When You Turn Your Mobile’s Hotspot On, You Can No Longer Connect To The Bolt Device’s Hotspot . Thus, You Need A Wireless Access Point, A Separate WiFi Enabled Mobile Device And The Bolt IoT Module In Order To Become A Part of The Awesomeness .

That’s Pretty Much How I Think It All Works . Though, I’m Still Trying To Figure Out Why The App Asks For The Location Service To Be Turned On .

2 Likes

it is resolved Thankyou

1 Like

Hi @ultimatefd838

You have explained the steps nicely.

Regarding location - Android does not allow to scan the list of wifi network without having the location permission. Check here https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/wifi-scan

Which module how does it look like?

First of all, the thing is that you need to connect to another network ie,dont use your mobile data.Now add bolt device(enable location with high accuracy)and add the network that you are currently using.Finally once you have added bolt device you can use your own mobile data.

Hi @preetisnagarkar
You can connect the Bolt device to the bolt App using mobile Hotspot. But you need 2 mobile. In 1st mobile, you download the bolt app and 2nd mobile open the hotspot. open the bolt app in your 1st mobile and connect the bolt device hotspot and click continue and connect the 2nd mobile hotspot.

hello @preetisnagarkar
i was also facing the same problem but if you sit and try step by step as shown in the bolt iot training module it will be connected and you will be required two phones for this.

Hey you need two smartphones two setup the device where one phone act as hotspot and other will used for wifi connection because most of the phones has limitations whether they can act as wifi or hotspot not both as same time. Hope it helps.

Of course mam.even I faced the same and I had to use two smartphones since I hv no router connection in my house

It can also be setup by using one smartphone first configure your network details in module using bolt app then after create hostspot using same phone with same credentials and bolt will connect to it automatically.

Hi,
You need two devices. one device is for creating a hotspot and another for connecting the bolt wifi module. Once you have switched on the hotspot then you can follow the below steps:

1. Download the Bolt IoT App from Playstore.
  2. Click on add device.
  3. Now connect your module to a power supply on the successful connection you will see a blue light blinking slowly on the module.
  4. Now follow step 1 and two on the app and press ready on step 3. This will initiate the connection of your device with the module.
  5. Once connected it will ask you to choose a wifi connection for internet. Select your hotspot created by the other device, and you should be good to go.
    Always ensure your internet connection is proper and with high speed.

HI, this video will surely help you to connect your bolt device with your bolt app

1 Like