In controlling LED project the LED is not glowing

I have performed all the steps shown and had also tried the troubleshooting methods to glow the LED but it didn’t glow.

check the connections firstly. if there is any short between the leads of the devices it will not give output

Check the anode(+) & cathod(-) connections of LED or try with other LED.

As shown in the video that the 330ohm resistor’s one leg will be in 0 and other leg is short with the positive leg of LED.The negative leg of LED is inserted in GND.

I am also having the same problem and when I went through web page’s console it showed following error:

Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

I went through each and every troubleshoot step but ended up with the same error.

First check all your connections in mine the connection got loose if this is not the problem then you can also check the code you have written

I have checked it thrice but the same problem is emerging again and again.
Regarding the code:
I simply copied it from the documentation which is provided by the Bolt.

can you upload pic of code and hardware configuration

first even i was having the same problem …but then I waited for some time after clicking ‘on’ button and then the LED started glowing

Plz check the connections again.Sometimes the leg of resistor is not exactly touching the digital pin.
I got the same problem in my first attempt.If it continues to show same problem you can change the led and try another one

Same with me, I have also checked each and every step but its not blinking…though

1. If i am connecting Anode(+) with VCC(3.3 or 5 V) only then its blinking so led is fine.
  2. To Check my connections are tight so Even I tried to touch the Board’s 0 pin and Vcc pin from backside of board then also led did not blink with 0 pin.

So Please help me if anyone of you have the right solution…

Same with me, I have also checked each and every step but its not blinking…though

1. If i am connecting Anode(+) with VCC(3.3 or 5 V) only then its blinking so led is fine.
  2. To Check my connections are tight so Even I tried to touch the Board’s 0 pin and Vcc pin from backside of board then also led did not blink with 0 pin.

So Please help me if anyone of you have the right solution…

Hi @ashrafumair21 and @koyena98,

Please share your code for controlling LED.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Bolt IoT Platform</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cloud.boltiot.com/static/js/boltCommands.js"></script>
        <script>
        setKey('{{ApiKey}}','{{Name}}');
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <center>
        <button onclick="digitalWrite(0, 'HIGH');">ON</button>
        <button onclick="digitalWrite(0, 'LOW');">OFF</button>
        </center>
    </body>
</html>

I even tried by taking variable name as dataa = pin0 = 0;
#Below is the code

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <title>Bolt IoT Platform</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="https://cloud.boltiot.com/static/js/boltCommands.js"></script>
        <script>
        setKey('{{ApiKey}}','{{Name}}');
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <center>
        <button onclick="digitalWrite(dataa, 'HIGH');">ON</button>
        <button onclick="digitalWrite(dataa, 'LOW');">OFF</button>
        </center>
    </body>
</html>

please tell me how setKey is functioning ?

trouble shoot your connections
first unplug the bolt device from usb
check the connections of led shorten wire is of cathod must connect to GND and anode wire that is logn leg must connected to pin 0 of GPIO
Then connect the bolt device check blue light and green light are stable after connection to cloud of bolt device
then deploy the code
if even though LED is not glow then you have to change LED and try with another led

I had same problem recently. But i know why it happened for me. All connections are OK but led wasn’t working. All parts were fine. Problem was with API. I accidentally hit API more than 20 times in a minute and for security reasons BOLT limited my API access. After limit ended, I was able to control LED perfectly fine.

1 Like