Inserting ldr into bolt module

I am new to this electronics and stuff… Can someone tell me how deep should i insert my ldr and resistor.
Should i insert my ldr completely till the bottom or is it fine if it is little above

You cannot insert the ldr completely.
Just try to insert the ldr in the bolt pin normally as you do for charging pins and earphone pins and make sure that the device is connected properly.

completely in the sense…
till the pin reaches the bottom

you can, but just make sure that don’t apply too much pressure.

Don’t insert completely just insert two make a connection and for the first project in the training one end should be inserted in the 3V3 pin and the other in the A0 pin.

Obviously…don’t apply too much pressure onto the pins of ldr or with any other components … just start inserting them and you can feel that the pins get the required grip with the bolt module … and make sure that at no point do the 3.3V (or even 5V) and GND pins or wires coming out of them touch each other ,otherwise the current drawn might be high enough to destroy the Bolt module…hope this can help you a lot …best of luck

Don’t apply too much pressure.Just insert them normally and they work fine.

Here I have provided links for two things:

1. How to connect LDR to Bolt module.
  2. How to hold bolt.

At hardware level you have to take uttermost care of this things only that while making hardware connections you don’t damage the sensor or circuit of bolt module.

Beside that above solutions seems correct which answers your questions that its okay to insert LDR till bottom of the pin of digital and just taking care that pins of 3.3V or 5v don’t get in contact with ones of GND pins.

I hope you find this helpful. :+1:

insert the LDR until the pins are touching the ports base completely. Don’t apply to much pressure otherwise the pins may break. and one important point connect the 3.3v and GND properly. otherwise you can’t fetch data properly.

Hi, There
Being from an electronics and communication background we were always advised to ensure the proper connection. A connection is proper if it doesn’t get removed easily. By this you are ensuring that your connection is proper. Keep a note on applying less pressure on LDR and Resistances as their wire could get deformed and this would led to distorted connection i.e. your circuit won’t work as per your requirement. use your fingers and insert the connection by picking up from their ends.
Now you are ready for doing any type of electronics connections (Capacitors, Resistances, LDR sensors etc.)
Go champ the world is yours!!