Install boltiot module in python

Hi, I am getting this error while trying to install the boltiot module in python. Can anyone please help me resolve it?

@shashwatm67

Use the command pip3 and not pip.

Let me know if you still face the issue

I am still facing the issue.

I have also added the path in environment variables. Still there is a syntax error.

@shashwatm67

Enter exit() and come out of the python inpterpreter. sudo is a bash command which is used in the Linux shell. It cannot be used inside python.

sudo gives an admin privilege to the command you enter.
pip3 is a python module installer. It usually searches in the PyPi directory and then the website for the module you want to install.

So, you have to install the boltiot python module on your device first. Which will be later used to control the Bolt IoT device from python itself.

does it matter where on my device i install boltiot python module?

@shashwatm67

Not really. Does not matter in which directory you are in, the installation is in the main python directory only. The module can be accessed anywhere.

Make sure to be in the same directory, your python file (example - main.py) is present. You’ll be creating python files, write the code inside it and run it from the directory.
With the below command you can run that file (if the files is inside that folder),

python3 main.py

To double-check, you can even run ls to and a list of files present in the directory will be visible.

Do let me know if you have any other queries.

You are trying to use pip command inside python interpreter use “exit()” command and try using pip install boltiot command in the terminal . It will work.

Hi,
First check your python version using command( python3 --version ). close the all tabs.Open the new terminal tab.Enter the command .

If you have any doubt please comment.
…THANK YOU…

try to use pip install boltiot in windows terminal or any other python terminal. Use sudo only if you are using linux, ubuntu and cloud ssh terminal.

I think pip is not install in your version .You can try out installing pip .[quote=“shashwatm67, post:1, topic:20052, full:true”]
Hi, I am getting this error while trying to install the boltiot module in python. Can anyone please help me resolve it?

[/quote]

you can refer this geeks for geeks link to install pip using python —

How to Install PIP on Windows ? - GeeksforGeeks.

1. Open PowerShell\cmd (in windows) or terminal(in Linux)
  2. Enter ‘sudo pip install boltiot’ without quotes
  3. Don’t use sudo in windows and if pip didn’t works try pip3
  4. Don’t run the commands in python interpreter
    (You can identify it by ‘>>>’ in terminal. If it is the case, enter ‘exit(0)’ and run the above command in terminal\cmd)