Is it okay to get caution message while setting up the Bolt to connect to WiFi network? Does this mean there was an issue with the setup?

After connecting to bolt wifi network next proceeding to link wifi internet network then one message appears with is not allowing to join wifi internet network.

This message is just a tip on what to do and should not stop you from connecting to a wifi network. Proceed by pressing “OK” and select your wifi network, then enter the password to connect.

1 Like

I am not able to click on the ok button. My phone’s display starts to flicker. Tapping on the ok button does nothing

2 Likes

even im not able to connect, cause i 'm getting the caution and if I press ok, my display is flickering and the bolt app stops responding.

1 Like

@vivekbarnwal85 I too got the same problem of the caution .Did you overcome it ,please say how?

even i am not able to press ok button .
i am very upset by purchasing your device. :frowning:

This message is just a tip on what to do and should not stop you from connecting to a wifi network. Proceed by pressing “ OK ” and select your wifi network, then enter the password to connect.

This is probably due to a bug in the bolt app. Try contacting the app developer via playstore/appstore or via email (support@boltiot.com) and wait for an app update or a solution.

Also, check if the app is in the latest version, the developers try to fix most of bug errors are fixed in the latest update.

Let me know if this helps.

@meenadhruvan @2019uec1597 @kiranmayeesv02 @rishabhgurung37

We have noted the issue. Can you please list your android version and the mobile model number here? We are about to update the app as few users with the latest version of Android 10 are facing a similar issue.

If possible, for now, try to use your parents/siblings mobile for setting up the device.

Thank you ,
Now , the problem resolved , i was using redmi note 7 pro .
But when tried with my father’s phone the wifi module get activated.

Is it possible to change the device, after it has already been set up?

For example, if we use our parent’s phone for setting up the device, is it possible to change it to our phone afterwards, after the issue of constant flickering of the Caution prompt on our device is resolved?

@avantikamishra31.am

Yes. The device gets linked to the email id. If you login to the Bolt IoT App on your mobile using the same email id, you should be able to see the device.

1 Like

OK. I will try it once this issue is resolved. I really hope it will work the way you’ve suggested.
Thank you so much for helping :innocent: