Is there a way to flash bolt wifi module firmware to other esp8266 modules? Is the firmware opensource?By the look of it, it seems they are using some kind of RTOS or micropython

Is the firmware opensource?By the look of it, it seems they are using some kind of RTOS or micropython.

Hi @rakesh.007.ac,
I think you can’t make a custom Bolt Module by flashing the firmware on an esp8266 as every bolt module has a unique Device ID assigned to it. Also, the firmware is closed source.

I am checking with the team if what you want is possible and will update you if it is.

For the project im building, it requires more gpio pins. That’s why i asked this question. I wish they add a feature like, registering your custom boards to your account. thanks for the reply.

@rakesh.007.ac

You can use any other Microcontroller board and have a UART communication with the Bolt WiFi Module.

For starters, you can use the Arduino with the existing Library and communicate with other devices to post their data on the Bolt Cloud. Refer to the below link for documentation.

Other than that, Most of the microcontroller boards have the feature to use the UART, and Bolt Module is pretty easy to use for that. Using which, there is almost NO limitation to the number of pins you wish to use, instead of depending on the existing GPIO pins.

1 Like

Thank you!! this is what i was looking for.