LDR Project problem

My LDR is not working correctly. The readings only show 1.02 thousand everytime, even i change the light condition or i change the resistor to 330 ohm but still it displays only same value. Moreover when i connect the 330 ohm resistor into the wifi module and after i plug it only green light glows and it shows offline even when everything is right. Is this problem with LDR or any other thing. Please help me out of this problem

1 Like

first let me confirm you that have you taken more than 2 readings in the interval of 5 min with alternating light conditions.
The best way to to check the working of LDR is deploy configuration for every 10 seconds with alternating low and high light intensity.

i have tried it but the result is always the same “1.02 thousand”.

I have tried it but the result is always the same “1.02 thousand”.

First of all I would suggest you to make the connections of the LDR and the 10k ohm resistor when the bolt wifi module is switched off.Then after rechecking the connections are proper , switch on the the WiFi module you will see both the green and blue light are glowing and are stable and the device is online.Then to check its working or not try covering the LDR with ur hand and see the reading .It will drop from 1.02 thousand to 170 or something.

1 Like

@himelmaity2001 The light intensity that you are giving may be too strong. It is advised to conduct the experiment in a darkish room.

2 Likes

Let me be clear I have tried all those things as you say but it doesn’t work. But it was working on the previous day pretty fine and accurate results in dark as well as in light room.

Even i faced the problem of getting constant 1.02 thousand reading, then i checked the connections made, there i found that i didn’t connect the ground pin from bolt device to the resistor, after connecting to ground i got varying reading from LDR sensor.

2 Likes

just try to build the project again or deploy the code to cloud once more and try to use the 10 sec hack to see if it works and yes don’t try this in too much brightness!!

Hi
Please make sure that to connect your LDR with 10k ohm resistor.
Recheck your connection and code.
Also make sure to supply power to your bolt device after the completion of all the connection.
Thank you
Happy Learning…

the LDR readings change when you show torch light on ldr then deploy and After some time light off your room then deploy and then check ur chart
note: check whether u have written the code correct or not…

while readings are taking your ldr,change different intensities like
(1)covering cover or any object on ldr
(2)put your finger on ldr
(3)taking it into dark room,etc,…then you can exactly see changing values.

check by covering the LDR by a cloth. and use 1000ohm resistor.

The light intensity that you are giving may be too strong. It is advised to conduct the experiment in a darkish room.