Linux OS for a new user

Hello users,

This question may be offtopic here, but i need your kind suggestions. I am now going to reinstall an operating system in my computer.
I had Windows 10 earlier. Now I am thinking to use Linux. I have not used it before so I have a few doubts.

Will it be difficult to use and understand Linux?
Will Linux be faster than Winodows 10?

@bkkumaris4u
Linux is a family of free and open-source software operating systems built around the Linux kernel. And it is pretty easy to learn. Start from the basics…Linux is actually everywhere now…
So, it is easy to learn and understand linux via online resources…

@bkkumaris4u
Linux has good performance . It is much quicker, fast and smooth even on the older hardware’s. Windows 10 is slow compared to Linux because of running batches at the backend and it requires a good hardware to run.
According to my experience applications run more efficiently on Linux than on Windows.

Windows 10 like every other Windows OS comes with lots of bloatware. This can make your overall computing experience frustrating with all the glitches and ‘system hangs’. Linux distributions often are light and give you more access to your hardware. More often than not, the experience is smooth and with almost zero failures. I think of it as being a bit more in control with your device.
If you are serious about learning Linux, I’ll advise you to learn the command line and shell scripting. So yeah, you might feel a little uncomfortable with that approach. But that will be fun too.
There are also different ways to try Linux:

1. Use a Virtual machine on Windows
  2. Use plug and play from a live DVD/pendrive
  3. Share same local drive(dual boot)
  4. Create separate partitions(with dual boot) (I recommend this, but only if you know what you are doing)

Linux is easy to learn. Use linux disros like ubuntu which has good UI. Which will make you easy to use the facilities of linux. you can learn online about terminal commands.
Yes, linux definitely going faster than windows.

@bkkumaris4u You can install Linux OS as a Virtual Machine on your laptop and try it out. It is easy to learn and very rewarding too.

I am windows 10 user. Is this suitable for Windows 10 also? Do you have any idea to fix Asus Error Code 55? I am looking for a solution.

@mousinghkiran12 Yes, you can install Ubuntu via VM or via dual boot option.

Regarding the error code 55 that you are facing with your laptop, I would suggest you go to a PC technician as it seems to be a hardware issue.

Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting, Its helped to me