Mailgun domain setup

I have created my mailgun account. As instructed I have to click on add recipient button in sandbox. But I am not getting the option only. There is a option to upgrade if I want to add domain.

These are the two screenshots

Hey @aanchalachal ,

You have to click on your Sandbox URL (sandbox8063----) to get that option.

Also Go to your name Icon at the top right corner of your screen.
Select Switch to classic UI option. It will help you to correlate your dashboard to BoltIot training Screenshots.

If you still don’t get the option for adding recipient Email.
Click on Mange Authorized Recipient Button. and add the Recipient Email.

Hope this would help you to clear out your problem. Let me know if you want more help.

there is no such option “Switch to classic UI”
please help me out from this problem

Mailgun has updated their webpage and it’s completely different from what we taught in the Project 10 of sending mail via Mailgun,
To complete Project 10 basically we have to write below code in email_conf.py file

MAILGUN_API_KEY = ‘Mailgun Private API key’
SANDBOX_URL= ‘You can find this on your Mailgun Dashboard’
SENDER_EMAIL = ‘test@SANDBOX_URL’
RECIPIENT_EMAIL = ‘Enter your Email ID Here’
API_KEY = ‘This is your Bolt Cloud account API key’
DEVICE_ID = ‘BOLTXXXXXX’

and below is the complete step how will you find these.

STEP - 1
After Creating a Mailgun account you will see such a dashboard, you will find your Sandbox_URL there. then click on that link starting with “sandbox…”, it will direct you to step 2.

STEP - 2
here you will get a Autorized Receipents option, below that you will see an option for email, put your email-id and click on Recipient.
It will send a mail to your Email-id, open that, and do activate.

STEP - 3
after completing the above process you will see a verified batch below your mail-id which means you can use youe mail id as RECIPIENT_EMAIL. Below that click on the API Keys.

STEP - 4
here you have got your MAILGUN_API_KEY

and for the SENDER_EMAIL just put “test” or anything followed by your SANDBOX_URL.

hopw this will solve your issue, let me know.

2 Likes

I cannot find the private key option. There is only public key shown on my screen. How to get the private key option?

Hi @jebo22mca,

Please refer to https://help.mailgun.com/hc/en-us/articles/203380100-Where-Can-I-Find-My-API-Key-and-SMTP-Credentials- for the documentation.

There is an option Mailgun API Keys where you can create your Private key and use it in your code.

To view the account’s API Keys (or more specifically their associated API Key IDs, Descriptions, and Created Dates):

1. In the top-right corner of the Mailgun Control Panel, click your Profile Menu to expand the drop-down list of options.

ContentBlock-ProfileMenu.png

1. Next, click the API Security option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link.

1. The resulting page displays the API Keys tabbed section, which lists the account’s API Keys (as well as the Verifications Public Key and HTTP Webhook Signing Key).

1 Like