ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'boltiot'

i had installed boltiot package using below command:
pip install boltiot

but when i run the program its showing the error like
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘boltiot’

please help with this

hai there,
can you reply me with the screenshot of what the error looks like and the code that you have written ? it would be more helpful to solve your issue.
assuming you have mistype it,
pip install boltiot will install the package and we should import the bolt class to make connections with bolt.
use from boltiot import bolt and then type this for available parameters to be passed
help(bolt) hope this helps
thank you

Hi @preethamkanna1998,

First do the below command.

sudo apt-get update

then

sudo apt-get install python3-pip

And in case it is asking for confirmation type Y and press enter and then install boltiot packages.

sudo pip3 install boltiot

Also share screenshot of your code.

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

@rahul.singh1 you have mentioned the wrong person :sweat_smile:
anyways have a nice day!

@rahul.singh1. I must say you guys are very amazing. I was having the same problem of installing module boltiot. Your instructions are so clear, that my quesry has been resolved just by seeing it

@rahul.singh1, However, I still have an issue, Can I keep LM35 in a boling water. I have to see if my system is working or not when it croses tepmerature above 600 units

actually your thought is good sir,but this lm35 sensor is rated upto a top range is of 150 degree celsius only ,sir.

thank you.

1 Like

@rahul.singh1 sir i am getting the same error ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘boltiot’
I have tried above method but that is showing it is already satisfied .Please help me out.

Please share the screenshots of the output displayed to you when you run the following commands.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get update
you have to folloew all these steps to run the module correctly… . good luck

Getting this error after I type sudo pip3 install boltiot

Hi @sanand1_be21,

The error message you’re seeing suggests that you are trying to install the boltiot package system-wide using pip, but your environment is externally managed, meaning it’s controlled by a package manager or some other system.

If you want to install Python packages within your system but encounter this issue, you can try installing the package using apt, which is the package manager for Ubuntu. To install the boltiot package system-wide, you can use:

sudo apt install python3-boltiot

This command will attempt to install the boltiot package using the system’s package manager.

However, if you specifically need to use pip to install the boltiot package and you believe this error is a mistake, you can try using the --break-system-packages flag as suggested in the error message. This may allow you to install Python packages using pip, but it comes with some risks, as it can potentially disrupt your Python installation or OS. Use it with caution:

pip install --break-system-packages boltiot

If you’re still facing issues, consider creating a virtual environment using venv as suggested in the error message and installing the package within the virtual environment. Here’s how to do it:

1. Create a virtual environment:
python3 -m venv myenv

1. Activate the virtual environment:
source myenv/bin/activate

1. Install the package within the virtual environment:
pip install boltiot

Let me know if you are still facing any issues.

@sanand1_be21

You mentioned that the command you tried is sudo pip3 install boltiot but the command in your screenshot is pip install boltiot please try the previous command and see if it works. If you still get an error please share the screenshot.

Where are you try to run the command? is it on your computer or any cloud provider like digitalocean?

Sometimes this type of error occurs.

To solve this first make uninstall of the boltiot module with
pip uninstall boltiot

Then again try to install the module
pip install boltiot

Then after restart your system.

This way sometimes when the system restarts then the error may get resolved.

Hi bolt team ,I am also facing same issue even after installing boltiot package.
I delete and reinstall package many times but it do not work.

Here are some sreanshots

I would be grateful from your prompt reply.

@aaryanbanga1111 The screenshot for the library installation shows that you have a virtualenv called “myenv” activated. i.e. (myenv). Can you execute your python command to run the code in the same window and share a screenshot if you are still getting the error of its resolved.

@aaryanbanga1111 Sorry I was not clear with my reply.

I meant please run the command python buzzer_symphony.py in the terminal and share the screenshot.

Also in the screenshot where you have shared print(“Hello world”). Below that can you do import boltiot and also try from boltiot import Bolt.

Try the both the commands given above in the given order and send me a screenshot. If the issue persists we will get on a call with you and resolve the issue.

First go to linux then write,
sudo apt-get update

then

And in case it is asking for confirmation type Y and press enter and then install boltiot packages.
Then you have to write. 

And last but not the least press enter and asking confirmation then press Y again. 
😊 just do it and it works