No mail after receiving kit

Hi.
I have received the bolt iot kit 7 to 8 days ago,but I have not received any mail which contains the coupon code to start my online course. When will I receive it? What should I do?

@shreyaborkar0201 recheck your email. may it come. if it doesn’t then call him and enquiry .else mail comes within 1 or 2 days after the kit delivery. thanq u :blush:

My payment status is not updated even though I received the kit.Its almost 1 week I got the kit.

First you will get mail as order has been delivered later a person from bolt will mail you the link along with code we have sign up with that link and enroll for the training program.
Recheck the mails.
Happy learning.:+1:

@shreyaborkar0201

The tracking url of your kit shows that the order is still “In Transit” and not “Delivered”. This is the reason our automated system has not yet detected that your order has been delivered and you have paid for the order.

This generally happens due to issue at the delivery agents end.

We have written you an email regarding this. Can you please provide required details in the email?
We shall provide the course access once you reply us back.

I have shared the images of the kit in the mail. Please take a look so that I receive the code as sooner as possible.

I have received kit 7 or 8 days ago but, i have still not received mail yet. also my payment status is not updated. i request you to see what the problem is
thank you.

I request you to click the photo of your kit and send the email to support@boltiot.com and the attached the photo of kit you have clicked so that they can send you the email with your training Code and email reply can take 1-2 days so don’t panic be relaxed they will respond you.

As soon as your order has been delivered, later on, a person from bolt will mail you the link along with the referral code and, Then sign up with that link and enroll the training program.

If you are unable to see the mail in your inbox … Then check in spam you will find It…
Happy Learning.:+1: