Not able to download ubuntu in virtual box or Vm software

Bro it still showing error

@shivalikyougal392

Try the below solutions one by one,

Disable Antivirus

1. Try to disable your third-party Antivirus security temporarily
  2. Install VirtualBox after disabling the antivirus
  3. Re-enable the Antivirus after the VirtualBox is successfully installed

If necessary, also disable Windows Real-Time Network Protection from the settings. To do this:

1. Open Start and search for Windows Security
  2. Select Virus & threat protection
  3. Click on Manage settings
  4. Turn off the Real-time protection toggle switch

Run Microsoft Program Install troubleshooter

1. Go to Microsoft Program install troubleshooter page and click on the Download button.
  2. Run the Microsoft Program Install Troubleshooter tool and click on next.
  3. In the Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a program screen, select Installing.
  4. The tool will scan the system for the problems and recommend appropriate action.
  5. After the fix is applied, reboot the system and check for any improvements.

Use alternative software

If none of the above solutions work out for you, use VM ware software.

If in case your laptop doesn’t support virtualization, you can go ahead an use any of the Python IDE to continue with the training.

Ok thank you akshayan.sinha

Previously m having issue regarding m not able to run ubuntu in any of the software and now m not even able run or download any of the software .
I m not able to continue my training m stuck at this point.
Can u please help and tell me which other software i can use for python so that i can further continue my training

@shivalikyougal392

You can use any IDE, or Powershell for that. Refer to this thread - Could not find a version that satisfies the reqirement boltiot. no matching distribution found for boltiot

Other than that, you can use an online IDE, https://replit.com/

Bro can i do python coding for bolt devices and further remaining training on sublime

@shivalikyougal392

Yes, as I already mentioned, you can use any IDE to complete your project. Ubuntu was only introduced in the training to make students familiar with CLI. Which is a very usefull skill.

Let me know if you have any other query.

Can u please tell me how can i connect that to my bolt iot device because m not able to do that

Can i use the same command as mentioned to do in ubuntu in sublime

@shivalikyougal392

What issues are you facing? Can you elaborate? You can send snaps of any errors you have.

In case you have not installed boltiot python library, you can go through the training module.

I have mentioned a thread already, please go through that. Everything is mentioned.

Sublime is a text editor, and Ubuntu is an Operating system.

You cannot use the terminal commands in sublime. But you can write your python code in there, and run it from the windows powershell or terminal.

I want to ask ubuntu is directly connected to device that i create right na
I want to know how can if i m using other software other than the one mentioned in training how can i connect that device to my bolt iot devices

If i run any command in sublime how can my bolt iot device that i create run or read that command

No absolutely not. Your ubuntu is not connected to your Bolt module. We write python programs, that controls the Bolt module.

Ubuntu is only an operating system like Windows. You can write python programs ANYWHERE. Bolt module has nothing to do with Ubuntu.

Do you understand now?

You can run even windows OS in your virtual machine. Hope you get this part.

Basically, Bolt IoT has a python library called ‘boltiot’ that has all the functions ready. We use the python library and run the commands to control our module.

Go through the link I have mentioned. CLICK THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTED text and follow the instructions, in case you want to run boltiot python library from the text editor.

Is it ok can i continue my training in this

Yes absolutely.

Correction of your error on screen - type python3 filename.py. You forgot the space in between.

1 Like

What to do in this as i already install python 3.9.7

Have you gone through the instructions I have mentioned below?