Not able to download ubuntu in virtual box or Vm software

I want to ask ubuntu is directly connected to device that i create right na
I want to know how can if i m using other software other than the one mentioned in training how can i connect that device to my bolt iot devices

If i run any command in sublime how can my bolt iot device that i create run or read that command

No absolutely not. Your ubuntu is not connected to your Bolt module. We write python programs, that controls the Bolt module.

Ubuntu is only an operating system like Windows. You can write python programs ANYWHERE. Bolt module has nothing to do with Ubuntu.

Do you understand now?

You can run even windows OS in your virtual machine. Hope you get this part.

Basically, Bolt IoT has a python library called ‘boltiot’ that has all the functions ready. We use the python library and run the commands to control our module.

Go through the link I have mentioned. CLICK THE BLUE HIGHLIGHTED text and follow the instructions, in case you want to run boltiot python library from the text editor.

Is it ok can i continue my training in this

Yes absolutely.

Correction of your error on screen - type python3 filename.py. You forgot the space in between.

1 Like

What to do in this as i already install python 3.9.7

Have you gone through the instructions I have mentioned below?

yes i gone through this

The only problem i facing is this
In this this m not able 2 follow the steps that is after step 1 m not able to follow any step

@shivalikyougal392

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem. I hope you can continue from there.

1 Like

Hello how r u
I want 2 know how can i run python on sublime

@shivalikyougal392

You can refer to this solution - Could not find a version that satisfies the reqirement boltiot. no matching distribution found for boltiot

Everything is mentioned in there. Go through all 3 sections. In the 3rd section, SUBLIME IS MENTIONED, along with other text editors.

Can u tell me what does this mean(NOTE PART) and how can i do this in sublime

And what is the mistake in this

@shivalikyougal392

You have done a major mistake.

1. Your current code is in a file called .py. What exactly is that? You must put a proper filename, right? .py is the file extension. You have to give your file a name, for example - main.py.
  2. You have not created any conf.py file as well. (reason of error)

The red mark you pointed out mentions, that you have to put the twilio details (twilio account dashboard) and bolt credentials (bolt cloud). You’ll know what they are, if you have followed the previous modules and steps provided in it.

Please make sure, you go through the training step by step, Read through the lines with patience. Every small detail has been mentioned in the training.

Incase of any doubt or error, let me know.

can u please tell me how can correct this

Code is this

@shivalikyougal392

The code you wrote is not as same as the code in training. Clearly.
Read the text mentioned below. Everything is mentioned in the training.

Also, you can tun the python files from your windows terminal as well. Refer to the link I have mentioned, in the last section of powershell has been used as terminal to run the python program.

Make sure you have followed all the steps and installed the boltiot python library properly.

try with administrator mode