Problem connecting

Previously I was able to make a successful connection between my mobile and the bolt cloud. Today for some reason the blue light is blinking very fast the green light is not glowing while I’m still connected to my wifi and in the app it says my bolt device is offline

Then disconnect from bolt dashboard and try reconnecting again. If still not working then uninstall your app and again do the same procedure

1 Like

I’ve tried both the ways. It’s still not working. Is there anyway I can remove my current device from the dashboard?

Please try do some steps given here.
https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/6654376

No need to remove. You can still another by clicking on “Add new device”.

I’ve tried this too the blue led is just blinking slowly. At times it blinks very fast and thr bolt hotspot appears but I can’t connect to it, always asks for a password which it previously didn’t

The blue light is blinking slowly nothing’s happening

Blue light blinking basically means it is not able to connect to the Wifi Network or your mobile hotspot. Which one are you using? Wifi router or mobile hotspot?. If Hotspot you may need 2 phones when setting up the Bolt module

Hi @dipan.ghosh,

Change your hotspot password from the phone and then follow the setup process again to link your device to your phone’s hotspot.

Check this video https://info.boltiot.com/how-to-setup-bolt

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

1 Like

I’m using Wifi router

If you are using wifi router then follow these steps
step1 : Provide the power source to the bolt module. And turn off the mobile data on your phone. Now the Blue LED will blink slowly.
step2 : Open Bolt app. Click on add device and swipe left until the “Ready” option appears
step3 : Click “Ready” button. It might ask “location access” so turn on the location
step4 : Click “Continue” when scanning is completed. Now the Blue LED will start blinking faster
step5 : Select the name of wifi router you want to connect. then enter the password of your wifi. note that the wifi should be set in 2.4GHz (WPA2-PSK). then click on connect.
step6 : Turn On your mobile data if “no internet connection” message occurs
step7 : Now the blue LED should be stable and after some time green LED will get stable. then click on verify. and then done.

These is screen I get I tried following the instructions on the screen still no outcome

thank you sir it helped me a lot…appreciate it

please reset your router or the source of wifi or check the password may be entered wrong.

Hi @dipan.ghosh,

You have to repeat the below process -

Change your hotspot password from the phone and then follow the setup process again to link your device to your phone’s hotspot.

Check this video https://info.boltiot.com/how-to-setup-bolt

ive changed my password. even after that both the LEDs are lighted is it saving the previous connection in some sort of cache by any chance. is there anyway of resetting he 8266 chip?

Hi @dipan.ghosh,

Switch of your home’s wifi network and check if the green led is on,It if is on, means your Bolt is faulty. Please record a video and upload this video to google drive and share the public link of the video to support@boltiot.com. After checking the video, we will replace your Bolt device.

okay i tried this and the blue light is blinking slowly now . i tried doing the setup again everytime i click ready in the setup mode it shows another hotspot named Bolt139999898 and the bolt module tries connecting to that meanwhile disconnects from the local LAN.

Hi,
I am facing similar problem. I was able to connect this morning and then got disconnected automatically. Since then I am trying, but it is not connecting at all. The blue light is blinking slowly, and app keeps on saying try again.
I can’t disconnect the home wifi to which this was connected, as it says device is offline. I tried installing app in another phone, but same output. Please help. Thanks.

Hi, so this problem is very common. The reason the blue light is blinking very fast is because of an unstable internet connection. Check your wifi router and reconnect. Or else, try using a hotspot.