Problem with PuTTY

Recently I installed Putty on my laptop. When I key in the IP address I got from DO and click on open button, I am getting an error message saying that “remote side unexpectedly closed connection”. Kindly help me out.

PS: I googled for solution and i was told to enable the TCP keepalives and change seconds between keepalive. It didn’t work. I also tried turning the firewall off.

1 Like

first open putty and click on connectionthen chance the default value for seconds between keepalives(0 to turn off)from 0 to 600(10 minutes )thendepending upon ur seconds alloating then after every seconds that you are alloated putty will give send ping command to server so that the connection between putty and server will be keep alive ,after that tick on enable tcp keeplive so that you can resolve your problem

1 Like

Nope…its still going inactive after two seconds

Hi @sagar.m9603,

This might be an issue with your internet connect. Please try switching your internet connection to some other source.

1 Like

I tried this too and it does not work.

Sir, after reading your post I switched to my mobile network and it did not make any difference, any other alternative will be much appreciated.

Hi @lalrochunga,

Please go to the DigitalOcean dashboard, and confirm the IP address. There have been incidences where digitalOcean email’s students the IP address they used to register for digitalOcean, and the students missunderstand thinking that the IP address is the droplet IP address.

1 Like

Thank you, Sir, for the response. I have copied the IP address of the IPV4 but it still gets stuck, I have circled it in the screenshot attached…

Sir, the same problem still persists…